What's new

Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60? (1 Viewer)

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
I am planning to buy a 60'' LED TV. I want to buy some speakers for it. I want something that sound good but yet have a clean look. I stumble on the Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-60. I could not find these speaker in my local store. It looks really sleek but I was wondering if anyone have heard how these speakers sound? Thank you ahead for any infos.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Def Tech has a great reputation but at those prices, I would audition them somewhere.

I've always wanted an on-wall speaker and even drew up some plans to build some but never followed through.

theresme1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny Le
Robert, do you know of any good wall speaker that sound good and have the look appeal too?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If everyone heard the same thing, then there would only be one brand of speakers. But everyone is different and what sounds good to me may sound like crap to you. Audition some. Or do like I did and take the plunge without listening. With DIY, you don't even have professional reviews.

I've found the characteristics that I like. Balanced sound. Soft dome tweeters. A little heavy on the bass. When I read someone describe a speaker like that, then I can usually be sure that I will enjoy the sound of it. But it isn't all about the speaker either. My theater room is the only room in my house that has carpet. I also have heavy draperies and large couches. I want to keep the echo to a minimum. Not a completely dead room but close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks