What's new

Deep Space Nine announcement & Box Art from StarTrek.com! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like Voyager and look forward to Enterprise every week. Of course, since Sam also knows I like TPM and AOTC, he may now be sure he won't like Voyager. ;)

Seth_S

Second Unit
general comments on the box art:

Why are people getting so bent out of shape about it? It's not like you're going to be hanging the boxes on your wall. Sure it's not ascetically pleasing, but how often are you actually going to be looking at it?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Mr. Davatchi
Jeff, No need to be that harsh! Even in the Star Wars threads no matter how much our opinions are different and no matter how much we hate each other we still call each other by our first names! :D
But seriously, it’s not a matter of being able to watch it on TV for free, especially here. These box sets are extremely expensive and you have to pay a lot of money before you see even one episode. So I want to pay for something that I’m sure I will watch at least a second time!

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Another Voyager Fan here.
Actually I will probably get dogged for this but...... I like Enterprise the least. For some reason I just cannot get into this one :frowning: .
DS9 AFTER the first 2 seasons was excellent IMHO. I hung with the first 2 seasons because I found them interesting enough to think this will get better. I was right. The whole thing about the Dominion was great. I really enjoyed the characters and yes there was A LOT of political stuff in the DS9 episodes.
TNG was also quite good but I think that like all the other series (yes Voyager as well) they all suffered from the rollercoaster effect (too many ups and downs). I just think that in DS9 managed to keep their dips from being so big. I really got bummed with DS9 when they "replaced" a certain character You know when Judzia(sp) died.
. I did lose some interest then for sure.
BTW who was your all time favorite character from all series (I bet a lot of you go for Spock)???
Mine would have to be Sisko or Odo.
Greg

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, she didn't so much quit as opt not to sign a new contract. Let us simply say that the two parties parted ways.

JamesHromadka

Stunt Coordinator
I have always been a TNG fan. I saw the first ep of DS9 but then never got around to watching it again until I heard TNG was ending. I own all the TNG seasons to date and will get DS9 as well.
I watched Voyager because it was Star Trek but got tired of Janeway using her morals as an excuse to keep the ship in the Delta quadrant. I'm sure everyone on this forum has seen at least 5 episodes where you thought to yourself "If I was captain we'd be home right now." Unless I come into some money, I won't be buying Voyager (except for maybe the Jeri Ryan seasons :D)
I like Enterprise because the characters are fallible. The crew seems like they are in more uncharted waters than the one from Voyager.
My Star Trek order of preference:
TNG
DS9
ENT
TOS (disclaimer: have not seen all the episodes)
VOY

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'll get DS9 and finish buying the TOS discs I need. I don't think I'll probably pony up for Voyager or Enterprise, at least not at this point. I did like some of Voyager, but for me it was spotty. Enterprise I've seen to little of at this point to make a firm decision. Most of what I've seen I thought was ok.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'll join you in the Dog house because I feel the same way.
I also feel the same way. People talk about Voyager being the low point of the series, but to me, it's definitely Enterprise.

While Voyager never quite found its stride like TNG or DS9, it still had some great episodes. I think Voyager's biggest problem was is inconsistency. There would be a great couple of episodes wedged between a few weaker ones. In TNG or DS9 you could forgive the weak ones because they were fewer and farther between. Instead of starting out bad and building to great seasons, Voyager seemed to be good & bad throughout the series. Although I definitely think the addition of 7 of 9 helped the show for the better. Jeri Ryan's {ahem} assets aside, she was a great actress in a complex role. Her arc was very interesting and filled the same "not human" quandary that Spock, Data and Odo did so successfully on the other shows.

I'll probably still buy Voyager when it comes out on DVD. Despite its flaws there were some really great episodes that are well worth repeat viewing.

And I must see Sarah Silverman again in "Future's End". I was hoping the crew would pick her up and make her a regular. I always thought a character from our time would make a great cast member on a ST show!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Jeri Ryan's character was more of an asset to the show's story lines. The Jennifer Lien character did not contribute to the show in the manner that Jeri Ryan's character did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks