What's new

Dear PARAMOUNT and UNIVERSAL and even FOX....Please make a deal with TCM!! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know nothing of contractual arrnagements, but surely when you all signed on with American Movie Classics (?!) you didn't foresee 24-7 bugs, commerical interruptions every ten minutes, stunningly inept promo "skits," a complete reversion to pan and scan, etc. PLEASE consider leasing your libraries to the one true non-premium cable movie channel, Turner Classic Movies, which treats all its films with great respect. I know a few scattered Universal titles have appeared on TCM, but it appears it doesn't have full access to the library. I know there is FMC for 20th-Fox movies, but greater exposure can't hurt. And Paramount - your films are being destroyed on AMC. Thanks for your consideration.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I second this motion...

Established classics (Universal's war movies, too many to mention from FOX and Paramount's Audrey Hepburn), modern classics (the 70s Paramount, Universal and Fox movies) and even 80s cheese (Universal's "Dragnet", Paramount's "Back To The Beach"...while we're at it, include Columbia/TriStar titles as well) would all be better preserved on TCM.

AMC is killing you guys...

You know, the TCM website briefly had a list of all the movies they can air...and you'd be shellshocked to see all the Universal, Paramount and even Fox titles that TCM could air if they wanted to...but they don't. The movies are wasting away on AMC. Oddly enough, many titles that air on AMC have previously aired on TNT and TBS. Go figure...

Paramount, Universal, Fox, Columbia/TriStar...Please stop licensing movies to AMC. TCM is the way to go...

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Pretty pretty please with sugar, whipped cream and a cherry on top?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've got a better idea- how bout all studios require their movies licensed to TV and cable to be shown unedited with no onscreen intrusions and in proper aspect ratio? Hey, I can dream, can't I?
added: When Jurassic Park was shown on NBC and Lost World on Fox, the network logos were turned off at the request of Steven Speilberg. If only other directors thought like him. (Caught a few seconds of Phantom Menace on Fox and the bug was gone there too.) I wouldn't even allow anything I shot to be shown on America's Funniest Videos with an onscreen bug!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If I were a film director, I would specify such a thing. I have no idea why others don't (other than Woody Allen for Manhattan).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks