What's new

An Open Letter to the Folks at Paramount Home Entertainment (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Nice list. The title is actually SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISHER, a very fine movie.
Nice catch. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Guess that blunder was on account of my “looking” too around often for these hopeful BD announcements.:D

Last edited:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
My list would include

The Country Girl
Darling Lili
Murder on the Orient Express
Ordinary People
The Out-of-Towners
Teacher’s Pet

Reactions: PMF

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
My little list:

The Greatest Show On Earth
Li'l Abner
In Harm's Way
The President's Analyst
Paint Your Wagon
Catch-22
The Big Bus
Heaven Can Wait.

Let's see if we get a few of those next year.

That list was from November last year, I now have The Greatest Show On Earth & In Harm's Way, & I understand that Heaven Can Wait is being released in November. The President's Analyst has been released in Australia, but the old transfer is nothing to write home about (that one really deserves a new Paramount Presents transfer). I saw The Big Bus recently & it hasn't aged well, so I'm not bothered about that now. My top two would be, Catch-22 & Paint Your Wagon.

Last edited:

lovemovies

Auditioning
Real Name
John Malanga
Does anyone know If Paramount will be releasing the Blu-ray of DAY OF THE LOCUST soon?

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Are there any additional Paramount VistaVision titles that need to be released?
YES! ST LOUIS BLUES! A musical biography of WC HANDY featuring many of the greatest Black entertainers of the past century. The film stars Nat King Cole, Eartha Kitt, Cab Calloway, Ella Fitzgerald, Ruby Dee, Pearl Bailey, Juano Hernandez, and Mahalia Jackson. While not historically accurate it is a rich, well-produced entertainment in VIVID BLACK and WHITE VISTAVISION and a glorious record of these singular, indelible artists! CRITERION, PARAMOUNT, KINO, ANYONE, CAN WE HAVE THIS FILM ON BLU-RAY? It is every bit as important as STORMY WEATHER and CABIN IN THE SKY, which we also need on Blu-Ray. These films are critically important alternatives to the depiction of Black life in musical films like either version of SHOW BOAT...

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Roger Vadim's artful vampire thriller of 1960, BLOOD AND ROSES, made in anamorphic widescreen and Technicolor, needs to be prepared as a quality Blu-ray.

1640281057879.png

1640281084303.png

1640280903040.png

1640280984741.png

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Paramount are coming out with La Dolce Vita on Blu-ray in February. It'd priced right at $15. Let's hope they use the Criterion transfer or better.
I just received the Paramount Don't Look Now Blu-ray and it appears to be from the recent StudioCanal 4K transfer. The clues being DTS audio and high video bit rate. It looks and sounds excellent. A good alternative to the OOP Criterion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks