Dead Zone Season Final

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dave Scarpa, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    The Finale of the Dead Zone left me a bit underwhelmed. It was a decent episode and a good look at the character of Bruce but I thought they could've done more with the Stillson storyline. I'm glad they did'nt do a cliffhanger those as season finales are starting to wear thin, but I wish the stillson stuff was rooted in reality and not in an alternate timeline. I'm looking forward to next year thou.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It was clear to me that with such short season, the Stilson macrostory was going to play out like a long campaign, so this allows the writers to focus on character development, which is a nice change of pace over simply weekly plot development.

This season finale rallies around John's sidekick, Bruce, who now understands his place in the scheme of things and can trust Johnny on a deeper level.

Also looking forward to the next season. Are we in for a year long wait, or another 3-4 months before the next season kicks off?

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I would imagine it'll start in January 04. I enjoyed the ep as well Bruce needed an eps centered around him. Liked the dreadlocks better thou maybe they'll grow back.

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Season One (13 episodes) = June 2002 - Sept 2002
    Season Two (12 episodes, 1 unaired) = January 2003 - April 2003

That means, Season 3 should begin by August or September.

I just hope with Season 3 we get more episodes involving the Stilson arc instead of the basic "How does Johnny find trouble this week?" episodes which weren't that good this season (with the exception of the episode on the plane and the high school reuinion).

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I thought they aired 13 episodes this season, what is the unaired show?

6. Micah Lloyd

Micah Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

I'm glad they worked this episode this way.
    It gave me closure in regards to how the book ends. Now I can enjoy where ever the series leads knowing his destiny won't follow suit..

7. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

8. RickGr

RickGr Second Unit

Quote:
    "I just hope with Season 3 we get more episodes involving the Stilson arc instead of the basic "How does Johnny find trouble this week?" episodes which weren't that good this season (with the exception of the episode on the plane and the high school reuinion)."

I thought the episode with Robert Culp and the one centered around the gangsters were fantastic. In fact this is just plain and simple one of the better shows being aired on any network/outlet.

9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I didn't know it was the Season Finaly, but I liked it and am excited about next year. I am glad Bruce cut his hair and shaved his beard, he looks so much better imo. It's funny b/c I used to have long hair and a beard but now I don't like them all that much.

10. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I wonder if this :Lost" episode will show up on the eventual DVD Release.

11. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Well, whenever the third season starts, I am so gonna be there [​IMG] Thanks the pilot being released on DVD, I totally forgot all about it until I watched the pilot and had to tune in to 2nd season. Now the 1st season DVD set will be released, I can finally catch up. [​IMG]

You know, studios need to take a hint from countries like UK or Japan, where they release the episodes soon after they air (usually within 3 months). This way people can catch up and watch the stuff they missed out on TV and they can create more converts to the shows early on that will possibly heighten ratings overall.

I am glad I watched 2nd season. Some great stuff. So, when is this 2nd season coming out on DVD? [​IMG]

12. Jamie corrns

Jamie corrns Extra

My Tivo guide says that "The Hunt for Osama" will air on Friday 4/11 at 7:00 p.m. lets hope so.

Personally, I loved the episode where he got the blood transplant and was getting visions from 7 different people. Thats when I went from liking the show to loving it.

13. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

YahooYV shows "The Hunt for Osama" on the SciFi channel (not USA) but SciFi's Schedulebot shows "Playing God" . It's anybody's guess if it will show up. Don't you just love stealth programming.

14. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Yeah, that episode where he got visions from 7 people after a blood transfusion was great! John and Bruce trying to determine which one of the 7 strangers was going to die was fantastic.

BTW, Micah, how did the season finale give you closure in regards to the book? How are they related?

15. Micah Lloyd

Micah Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

In the book (IIRC):

Smith sees that Stillson is responsible for the end of the world (basically) and decides to assassinate him. He hides overnight at the rally site with his rifle and tries to kill him during his speech. He fails, though. In desperation, Stillson manages to avoid getting shot and hides among the spectators. Johnny takes return fires and is dying when Stillson comes up to him to see who had tried to kill him. Johnny manages to touch him and sees the newspaper headlines the next day with a photo of Stillson holding up a child to protect him from bullets. Johnny dies knowing he was successful in stopping Stillson's career.

So you see, I was concerned about the inevitable end to the series, if it were to stay true to the original story. With the season finale, though, we get the best of both worlds: continuity with the book and MORE EPISODES!!!

16. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

oh damn! I was hoping to read the book one day but now I know the ending, lol.

I asked the question though. [​IMG]

Who knows, maybe the series will end like the book.

Remember, the season finale was sort of like an alternate dimension of what could happen. The same could still happen in the show's reality.

17. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Zion is now no longer a second season finale, USA network has extended it and will show 6 new episodes in July and August.

18. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    In the Announcement they are not announcing a 3rd season but I would think the ratings would warrant one, it has to be USA's top rated show

19. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

season 2 of the dead zone is not over it is 19 episodes total and the new ones will start airing July 6th.

20. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...1959135&EDATE=