What's new

Dazed And Confused: Criterion? (1 Viewer)

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Today's the day. Anyone else got their hands on this? Mine is set to arrive in a couple of days.

Nick Shookla

Agent
Real Name
Nick Shookla
Got it, though I was a bit concerned. Before I left earlier to check my local BB, I checked their online availability and it was listed as "UNAVAILABLE" to all surrounding locations. But I decided to go anyway and thankfully there was a copy, though it was the only one. This happened to me before where the new edition of "Cross of Iron" was listed as unavailable but was actually there.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think whenever Best Buy's in-store inventory is down to 1 or 2, the website says "unavailable". This is to cover their a$$es in case the 1 or 2 in store are unlocatable, then people don't drive all the way to BB just to find out there isn't any in stock.

It's happened to me for numerous other titles, the website says unavailable yet when I go, I find 1 copy of the movie I was looking for.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

That also occurs when someone orders a title for in-store pickup and the BB employee who has to go fetch is too lazy to look for it. They'll say the item couldn't be found at the store and the website will mark it as "Unavailable", since the local BB essentially is saying their inventory is wrong. That has happened to me numerous times. I'll end up stopping by anyway and find the item sitting on a shelf.

BarryS

Second Unit

Finally a DVD of Dazed that has the approval of both Rick Linklater and Wiley Wiggins. This is the one we've all been waiting for. Mine should be arriving in the next few days.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Can anyone verify what is or is not missing between the CC and the "Flashback Edition"? I'd hate to sell of my "Flashback Edition" if some of the special features did not make it over to the CC.
Thanks.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Bob, all nine deleted scenes on the Flashback DVD are on the Criterion set (I checked), plus an additional eight deleted scenes. (17 total)

As for "what is on the Flashback DVD, but isn't on the Criterion set?"
  • The Blunt Truth - Side-Splitting Institutional Filmstrip On The Dangers Of Partying
  • Retro Public Service Announcements

Though I doubt anyone is going to miss those. :)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Scott, thanks for the clarifiaction. I did however find those 2 extras to be entertaining. Think I'll hold onto my Flashback Edition as well.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
The Crying Chief PSA is on the disc, although you have to use the "Party at the Moon Tower" random play all feature on disc 2 to see it.

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill Robertson
Mine arrived yesterday. Can't wait to set aside some time next week to watch both discs. The 72 page book was also very impressive. If only all dvds were this lavishly presented:)

Don't really see the point of the poster though - is any adult seriously going to put it on their wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks