What's new

Dazed And Confused: Criterion? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I would really like to see what Criterion would do with Before Sunrise/Sunset. It's never gonna happen, but I can still wish.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Linklater is doing "Fast Food Nation"? Is this a documentary based on Eric Schlosser's book of that name? Which I happen to be reading right now because I'm like 2 years behind on everything (not just reading lists)?

I guess "A Scanner Darkly" won't be Criterion eligible (assuming it's Criterion worthy, which I hope I hope I hope...)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

And to think I almost DID get it. I had it in my hands just 2 days ago and was just about to purchase it until luckily, something else caught my eye. I'll definitely hold out for the Criterion version now.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Linklater and Eric Schlosser wrote a fictionalized screenplay based on Schlosser's book and it's already been shot and is currently in post-production. The IMDB page is here.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I pre-ordered my copy yesterday. :emoji_thumbsup:

DVD Empire has Criterion's Dazed DVD up for pre-order now. Notice in Product Information under Features it lists "More Than Two Hours of Rare On-Set Interviews and Behind-the-Scenes Footage." Wow. Also, it states that there will be 17 deleted scenes. Universal's Flashback Edition DVD only has 9 deleted scenes. And the DTS soundtrack isn't listed. Some of you may want to keep your Flashback disc because of this.

BarryS

Second Unit
I've preordered mine. It will be in my hands in exactly two months. Dazed is a film I've been a huge fan of ever since I first saw it ten years ago. I've owned it on VHS and the old 1998 DVD. I never bought the "Flashback Edition" and now I'm very glad that I didn't. I knew that eventually a proper edition would be released. Criterion's DVD of Linklater's Slacker was excellent so I'm sure that Dazed will be great as well. Even if Dazed doesn't seem to have quite as many supplements as Slacker did. However, I have already seen the documentary Making Dazed and it is truly excellent. IFC showed it a few months ago. Anyone who's a fan of the movie will really enjoy this doc. Seeing all of the cast members ten years later is really fascinating. Christin Hinojosa is still a major hottie. I always had a crush on her years ago when I watched the movie all the time. :b

June 6 can't come fast enough.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, the DVD will have both English 5.1 and DTS 5.1 tracks - there will be no stereo track included on the DVD... :)

The "sell sheet" I got from my distributor states this.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

Barry, I felt the same way about Christin Hinojosa. She was very cute and I'm glad to hear that she still is. I haven't seen the documentary. Does it really feature all of the cast members? Even Joey Lauren Adams? The only thing that sounds disappointing (and this is a minor complaint because this DVD is still going to have lots of cool stuff) is that there will only be a commentary with Linklater. The Slacker DVD has *3* commentaries. Couldn't they have done an actors' commentary or two for Dazed?

And I agree, June 6th can't come fast enough.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I was initally slightly disappointed too, but with the documentary, behind-the-scenes video and interviews, 10th anniversary reunion footage and essays in the booklet, I think there'll be plenty of cast input anyway.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Just had word from Criterion in response to my e-mail query that this release will have Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 soundtracks.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
I have a sample of the Dazed And Confused packaging here and it's very nice. It's a digipack style case with an outer sleeve (similiar to Mr. Arkadin). Inside there's the folded collectible poster and the 72-page book. :)

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Chapters And Song Guide ...Page 2
Cast And Credits ...Page 4
"Dream On" ...Page 8
"The '70s Obviously Sucked-Not! (Or At Least Not The Music, Anyway)" ...Page 16
"Not So Long Ago, But Very Far Away" ...Page 26
"The Spirit Of '76" ...Page 32
"Profiles In Confusion" ...Page 58
About The Transfer ...Page 70

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Just one month to go. I would think we'd start seeing some reviews pretty soon. That booklet sounds like it's going to be a good read and I'm glad the Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 tracks are included.

BarryS

Second Unit

No, it doesn't have everyone. I don't remember Joey Adams being interviewed. She may have been in there, I'm not sure. I can't remember if Parker Posey appeared either. Most of the major actors are there like Jason London, Wiley Wiggins, Anthony Rapp, Adam Goldberg, Sasha Jensen, Rory Cochrane, Marissa Ribisi, Nicky Katt. It's been a while since I saw the documentary so I can't remember exactly. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again though. "Making Dazed" is one of the few making-of documentaries that I could see myself watching multiple times. But that may just be because I'm a big fan of the film and of Rick Linklater.

Speaking of Dazed and Confused hotties, wasn't Catherine Morris a babe? She played Julie, the sophomore that Mitch hooked up with at the party. As I recall, she appears in the documentary too. I think she's a lesbian. Or maybe she just looked like a lesbian...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks