What's new

Darkness Falls. Holy cow... spookey as all get out. (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't think they have answers. If I recall, they just acknowledge some of the inconsistencies then laugh about them.

Had to laugh when I saw an ad on the TV Guide Channel for this flick last night and they had interviews with the director about the amazing "development process" the script went through. :rolleyes

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Rented this yesterday. I avoid most of the dogs, but I got suckered on this one, easily the worst film I've seen in a long, long time. Even for a genre film cobbled together by incompetent studio hacks trying to capitalize on current trends and ripping off other, better films, it's an embarrassment. Even on the lowest end of the common demonimator scale, this one doesn't rank. Head-slappingly stupid. A terrible script made worse by terrible acting (geez Emma... what were you thinking?), and, worst of all, not scary in the slightest.

On the upside, I don't think it lasted much longer than 75 minutes. You'll want to turn it off long before that. Go ahead... it doesn't get any better. Trust me. And remember I warned you. If only someone had gotten to me first...

James Reader

Screenwriter
I thought the movie was great. I thought the sound mixes was better than XXX.

Here is a quote from Joe Harris from his message board.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sought confirmation and it has pissed me off... apparently, the disc is packed with stuff and marketing decided to cut the TOOTH FAIRY short from the North American DVD release.

Which sucks.

It IS however, still due to be included on the international release of the DVD which will roll out over the summer, I'd imagine. But this sucks for the NA customers (and fans) who I know would enjoy this. So I have an idea. See the new message I'm about to post and maybe you can help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can check out his short film, "Tooth Fairy" here.
http://www.moviemaniacs.net/news.htm
Well the UK ain't getting this short according to this:

Writers' and filmmakers' commentaries
7 deleted scenes
Legend of Matilda Dixon (Tooth Fairy) featurette
The making of Darkness Falls featurette
4 storyboard comparisons
Theatrical trailer
Cross promotional trailers

http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=5789

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks