What's new
World Wide Stereo

Dali speakers? (1 Viewer)

Clay McCall

Auditioning
Just had I guy try to sell me some Dali Speakers. Are the good or are they crap? Is was the "Dali New Suite" line.

There are so many speaker manufactures out there how do you narrow it down. I feel overwhelmed!!

728x90

TommyL

Supporting Actor
That line has takin many by suprise...you won't be disappointed by them:) I would give a listen first...but I've listened to 4 pair, and you know what happpened:) hint...my pocket is lighter:) I'll be posting a review with pics on one line of them (not the suite) (the helicon line)..but simply put, these are the best speakers I've ever heard...my bud sold his 35K dyn's because the dalis were that good:) Here is a thread on them over at avs--> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=dali

Scott_N

Second Unit
They aren't that well known here in the USA but are very popular in Europe. They are very musical to my ears with great bass and with a clear midrange. Being made in Denmark they are very well built. I almost bought a pair of Dali Grand Diva's for my two-channel system.

gregD

Second Unit
I've heard Dali's pricy Euphonia speakers, and to my ears they are worth every penny... among the 10 best I've heard... by all means, audition the New Suite if they're in your price range.

The best advice, though, is to audition as many makes as you can... and in your home whenever possible.

I was also thinking of the Dali Blue 5005 series that I can get for $570 delivered. I spoke with a Canadian hi-fi store and he saids he is replacing three of his speaker lines with Dali. He had a few left over Axiom speakers before they went direct mail and he saids the Dali's blow them away. He saids they have much better bass extension, almost sub-woofer like. I know Axioms are well regarded here so that saids alot for the Dali speakers.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
The euphonia series is very nice (I auditioned the MS5, the top euphonia) and they were amazing....bar none the best speaker I have ever heard...granted some are at other houses, shops etc...In the end, when all was said and done...going through Ben the dali rep and my audio guy, the best fit for my room was the Helicon (newest offering...the surrounds and center aren't even offered yet!) comparing them to the MS5 was good....hearing them along with dynaudio and some paradigm 40's...I had my pick of the litter....needless to say, the Dali Helicons are in my home finally..and rears/center will be here in less than a month...build quality...unreal...I haven't seen a piece of ANYTHING that has been built like this...furniture, speakers, cabinets etc...The Danes to it well! I'll be posting pics etc on my site (update coming) soon...need a few hours of listening first:)

Scott_N

Second Unit
If you like the Euphonia series then you should listen to the Megaline's. I heard them with Sim Audio amps and they were simply amazing.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Scott, yes...but not for my HT/family room...wife would flip if those showed up:) Nice looking...If I ever get my way, my own HT will be built, and something like that would be worth looking into. Did you listen to the Helicons? I did see they had tubes there as Ces running the Mega's...rumor is that the tubes couldn't keep up...:)

Scott_N

Second Unit
Tommy

The dealer hasn't brought in the Helicon yet so I haven't heard them but everything i've heard from Dali sounds good. My dealer says the Megaline's like power so I could see how some tube amps could run out of power. I've been trying to get him to bring in another CJ Premier 140 and see how two of them would sound biamping the Megalines. The only speaker companies I like better than Dali are Tetra Listening Intstruments and Kharma. I own Tetra Spaces and plan to buy a pair of Kharma Ceramique 3.1's next year. Enjoy your Dali's!

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Thanks Man...I think ear and room make a big difference...these just seem like "home" here...Could I have went into a set of higher end b&w's or Dyn's..yes, but to me these were "the" speaker I was lookin for...goodluck in your quest man! thanks.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Tommy,
When those new Helicon center & surrounds arrive you will not be disappointed.
While at CES talking with Ben, he showed Steve and myself that new Helicon center & surrounds, my jaw hit the floor.
Dali speakers will be the rage in the U.S. in short order
once the sales network gets larger.
Mean while, Ben with Dali can get anyone these speakers.
He may even set you up with one of his largest U.S. dealers right here in Minnesota.
Dali's will be in my home also ;)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Jerry, you going with the Helicons or the Ms4/5's? Can't wait...first part of March for the rest of the set!:)

David*RT

Stunt Coordinator
The Dali look nice and I'm sure they sound good. Pretty decent prices as well.

In this category of price, great looks and sound, take a look at Usher. Much better prices dollar for dollar. Since they're trying to enter the US market, they are giving amzing prices on their gear.

FYI: Usher makes clones of drivers from the best in Europe. The drivers are actually improvements over the Europe makes in terms of performance. They then add these drivers to amazingly beautiful cabinets & designs. If I'm correct, the crossover is done by none other than audio genius D'Appolito.

Usher seems to really be hitting all the right angles. When I heard them at the SF Audio show, they had a great sound! And the prices!

FWIW, there is lots of talk about them on Audioasylum.com.

Jose S.

Auditioning
Hi all,
I have the Dali MS4/CS4 which replaced my previous NHT VT3/VC3 combo.
I couldn't be happier. Pricey, but well worth it for me, especially the CS4 center channel. A trusted dealer recommended them over many "respected" brands.
I knew it would be substancially better for 2-ch listening but I didn't think it would also be a big improvement for HT. Boy, was I wrong.

Nick Breckon

Stunt Coordinator
Wow.. those are some beautiful looking speakers. So that's what you've been up to this whole time, eh Tom? :emoji_thumbsup:

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I have no final answers just yet, I will need to bring several home, I may need to audition four pairs just to decide what will be the best fit for our needs.
I could make a short list doing this at the dealer's place,
but its not the same as in your own home.
I actually love this aspect of the hobby :)
Play and compare many toys at once for a real-time A/B'ing auditions, got to love it :)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Clay, the Helicons are the new version (a bit smaller) than the MS5's...but sound every bit as good to my ears. prices range from 4k up on the pairs...The MS5's are 13k. Yes Nick...finally found a speaker that the wife approves of, that fits a big room, and matches us well...fun stuff, but I'm almost done:) lol...well....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks