What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: The Roaring Twenties (1939) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll stick up for Criterion here and say that for me (and others here) the packaging, the writing, the booklet, the extras, totally justify the premium price. A Criterion release is an artisanal product and cannot (and should not) be priced like a bare bones mass market release. And if you have patience, you get at least 6 50% off opportunities a year.
Not all of us live in the States where those sales are available to us. This is an international online community.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Not all of us live in the States where those sales are available to us. This is an international online community.
Agreed, Criterion doesn't ship overseas. Fortunately, Amazon have been matching Barnes & Noble during their twice-yearly sales. Barnes & Noble stopped shipping internationally, during the pandemic. There aren't all that many other American stores and publishers that ship discs worldwide.

ToddF

Agent
Real Name
Todd Fredericks
Agreed, Criterion doesn't ship overseas. Fortunately, Amazon have been matching Barnes & Noble during their twice-yearly sales. Barnes & Noble stopped shipping internationally, during the pandemic. There aren't all that many other American stores and publishers that ship discs worldwide.
Amazon doesn’t allow orders of them to a UK address.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Amazon doesn’t allow orders of them to a UK address.
Do Canadian Amazon ship to the UK? Before the pandemic, they used to ship to Norway (and The Criterion Collection is available in Canada too), but they don't do that anymore.

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Criterion produce U.K. versions of some of their releases so they may do The Roaring Twenties I have the U.K. Criterion’s of Now Voyager and Double Indemnity; although they didn’t release the 4K version.
I’d be very surprised if we don’t get this release here in the UK. We get all the other films owned by WB so I don’t see why this would be any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks