What's new

Crayon and My Sony 53inch TV (1 Viewer)

Gregg_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok my 18month old Picaso decided to attempt his free form drawing style with crayon on my tv. What should I use to clean it.

THanks in Advance

Gregg

Have you tried Goo Gone? It will take crayon off of things but I'm not sure how it will do on a TV!!! Is it on the screen or on the cabinet? Also, the Goo Gone label doesn't say anything about NOT using it on glass. Hope this helps and I feel sorry for ya!
;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Oh no.

Gregg? Neil? Michael TLV?

How deep are the crayon markings?

(Is this a protective screen by any chance?)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
well I used glass cleaner when my 3.5 year old did it to my antiglare screen. (then I killed him :) )

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
:) My 3 boys (thankfully they have outgrown this stage now) used my previous 84" 4x3 screen with pen colours. The only thing I had that worked was a non abraisive cream cleaner and a sponge. Worked fine when all else did not.

Gregg_M

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys normal glass cleaner worked. I was upset that it came of. I needed an excuse to upgrade. I think next I will give my son permanent marker and see what damage he can do. I just hope the wife does not catch on to my scheme. Thanks everyone for your input.

Gregg

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My eldest of 3 boys splashed his juicy cup all over my 27" TV (used to be my primary display a few years back). The picture tube went all white then all black (no picture). After that it would not work. I opened and tinkered with it but since the warranty had expired the previous month (I am not making any of this up), I went and bought a 32" TV. Months later, I was able to fix the old one so I had 2 TV's. Both are still alive today although the 32" has permanent screen damage as it was pushed off its stand 2 or 3 times by my second son.
This is all true. Whatever has been possible with my HT stuff has happened. I was so glad when I got my first FPTV setup ceiling mounted. You guys think you have it rough. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks