What's new

Corolla Owners Help! (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
My '94 Corolla's rear defrost stopped working a while ago, and I checked all the fuses inside and outside the cabin to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? I push the button, and the light comes on, but no heat to the wires. I really don't want to take it in if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
If you have a volt meter, try that out and see if you are getting 12V to the wire and ground with the switch on. At least I'm pretty sure it should read 12v this way.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
You can always look for a cut or large scratch on the defroster wires, I believe hardware stores can sell you a kit (relatively cheap) for repairing it, a broken connecting (ala damaged wire) could cause this too.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Are all the elements dead or just a few?

If it's just a few there are kits for "painting" in a repair at the break.

If it's all of them, use a voltmeter or 12v test light to see if you're getting power and ground at the wires connected at either side.

If not, you may have a bad defroster relay or the circuit breaker may be blown. The switch itself only activates a relay which gets the high current necessary for the defroster from a separate circuit breaker. You will need a copy of the Toyota factory wiring diagram to find where these parts are all located--maybe try the public library or your dealer might let you look at thiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks