What's new

CONFIRMED: Alien films coming in 2010 to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I think it's more efficient if he does it out of free will. Not if he's being tied up in a chair like Alex DeLarge watching Alien3 over and over until he wants to say something about it :laugh:.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
If Lowry did the mastering for the last set, is there really any need for further work? Wouldn't this be a similar situation that the Bond films had with the Ultimate Edition DVD's and then blu ray versions? The work is done, it's just a matter of getting them to blu ray?

And I still believe that they are over due on blu ray.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I hadn't heard that Lowry actually worked on the Alien transfers. Is
this true?

Anyhow, just jumping in to compliment you on your profile picture,
Tim. Man With The Golden Gun is my favorite Bond film.

Back on topic...I am in no rush for these Alien films as long as the
release is done right. With current BD pricing I would rather wait
and pay less later on this year than what it would cost now.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I don't know.....There are few titles out there that I am more anxious for than "Alien" and "Aliens" so I hope it's not too long a wait, but yeah, there will be little to no tolerance for screw up on those releases. They have to contain both versions of the films via seamless branching (no half assing like on ID4 where only the theatrical version was available and then having extras that made frequent mention of the extended version). The Quadrilogy documentaries (anyone know if they were produced in HD?) "Alien" should restore Ridley's original commentary from the original DVD release. The isolated audio tracks would be nice, but there could be legal issues involved there and even though it might be redundant the "Alien Legacy" doc should finally be included for completeness sake.

It's probably wishful thinking, but for "Alien 3" the uncut documentary and they should also try reaching out to Fincher again to try to get some participation out of him.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

If Fox could've done it, wouldn't they already have put the earlier features on the SD Quadrilogy? I do think the documentaries were only in SD, because they were in 4:3 on the dvds.

But since it's Fox, I think we're going to get a simple port first with only a limited selection of the bonus material.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I believe there were disc capacity issues preventing the inclusion of some of those features.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Hmm, that makes sense with the DTS track and the seamless branching already on the disc. Although, it could be done with The Lord of the Rings, so it could've been done on this disc.
But let's hope it is included on the Blu-Ray, then.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The Alien movies in HD are a must have for me even though I bought the big DVD box set a few years ago. One of the things I am wondering about is will the offer the directors cut and theatrical cut on the Bluray release via seemless branching? And since Alien movies are 20th Century I would assume that it would be released with a DTS-HD MA track.

Can not wait for these films to be released on Bluray. I just hope that DNR is not applied to these films like Patton and Gangs of NY.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm resurrecting this thread to ask if there's any further news on a blu-ray release of the Alien films. I've read that a special edition that will put the Quadrilogy to shame, is in the works.

Any truth to this?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The information was from:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

I believe it's slated for a November release.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I found at the following link and that link refers to blu-ray.com. I just thought with all the inside info here, there's be more news to discover. Look at post 157.
forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/550211-rumor-alien-films-end-year-7.html

If there's a release that will make me forgo my prohibition on buying on release date (without discounts), this is the one. won't swear to it, but this one may do it to me.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That egg packaging looks fantastic. After doing a google translation (boy does that produce clumsy English) I discovered a link to blu-ray.com and they indicate that packaging is for a Polish release.

Looks like there's a lot of interest in this release all over the globe.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by TravisR /forum/thread/259153/rumor-alien-films-coming-in-2008-blu-ray/120#post_3678219

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I'd prefer it to look like the 'normal' egg (without the Alien creature added) but it still looks great to me. If it's not too much extra, I might buy it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Brent M /forum/thread/259153/rumor-alien-films-coming-in-2008-blu-ray/120#post_3678956

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks