What's new

CONFIRMED: Alien films coming in 2010 to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
From The Digital Bits:

20th Century Fox has just announced plans to release more of its major catalog titles on Blu-ray (and DVD) this year, as part of its 75th anniversary celebration. Specifically, the studio has confirmed that its 3rd and 4th quarter Blu-ray slates will officially include The Alien Anthology box set (all four films restored in a new 6-disc set packed with extras - including EVERYTHING from the Quadrilogy DVD box and new content as well), [...]
Nothing we didn't know already though I think this is the first time the disc count has been mentioned... six discs.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Originally Posted by oscar_merkx ">[/url]

Let's hope the uncut Alien3 documentary is included.

What else could there be for new content ?[/QUOTE]I've thought about all this before. I'm currently out of a job so I have a lot of time on my hands.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
The German FSK (comparable to the MPAA) rated bonus materials I've never seen on any "Alien 1 - 4"-DVD before. An article with all the infos I found on the FSK website can be seen HERE.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Christian

I am really curious about Shock & Awe: The Return of Alien with Danny Boyle [25:01 Min.].

Do you know more about this ?

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
Originally Posted by oscar_merkx

Christian

I am really curious about Shock & Awe: The Return of Alien with Danny Boyle [25:01 Min.].

Do you know more about this ?
"Shock & Awe: The Return of Alien" is a TV documentary from 2003 by David Hughes. The "with Danny Boyle" only means, that he's the presenter. A bit confusing how the FSK wrote it. There will be no new Alien movie directed by Danny Boyle. ;-)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Originally Posted by ChristianLiemke ">[/url]

The German FSK (comparable to the MPAA) rated bonus materials I've never seen on any "Alien 1 - 4"-DVD before. An article with all the infos I found on the FSK website can be seen

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I would like to see the Alien 3 supplements address the decision to kill of all, but one, of the surviving characters from Aliens. That decision, ruined A3 for me.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ChristianLiemke by David Hughes. The "with Danny Boyle" only means, that he's the presenter. A bit confusing how the FSK wrote it. There will be no new Alien movie directed by Danny Boyle. ;-)

Hi Christian

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that there was a documentary that Danny Boyle hosted / presented.

Cheers

Oscar

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Originally Posted by ChristianLiemke ">[/url]

The German FSK (comparable to the MPAA) rated bonus materials I've never seen on any "Alien 1 - 4"-DVD before. An article with all the infos I found on the FSK website can be seen [url=http://www.spio.de/index.asp?SeitID=292&VVID=104368&RefSeitID=70&Ltitel=%22Alien%20-%20Anthology%22%20%28SF%20Reel%202%29][b]Alien - Anthology (SF Reel 2)[/b][/url][i]
insgesamt 33:16 Min.[/i] [list][*]Alien “Display Graphics” [5:36 Min.][*]Alien “Display Graphics” [4:05 Min.][*]Aliens “Colonial Marines Helmet-Cams [5:08 Min.][*]Aliens “Deleted Scenes” [4:05 Min.][*]Aliens “Family Guy Clip” [0:27 Min.][*]Aliens “I Can’t Breazhe” [0:38 Min.][*]Alien: Sigourney Weaver Screen Test: Cockpit Scene, Take 1 [2:48 Min.][*]Alien: Sigourney Weaver Screen Test: Planning Scene, Take 2 [1:50 Min.][*]Aliens “Main Title Explorations” [2:59 Min.][*]Aliens “Wayland -Yutani Inquest: Nostromo Dossiers” [3:45 Min.][*]Spaceballs Clip [1:45 Min.][/list][url=http://www.spio.de/index.asp?SeitID=292&VVID=104362&RefSeitID=70&Ltitel=%22Alien%20-%20Die%20Wiedergeburt%22%20%28SF%20Reel%204%29][b]Alien - Die Wiedergeburt (SF Reel 4)[/b][/url] [list][*]HBO Special - Behind the Scenes [25:42 Min.][/list]
As well as... [FONT= Arial]Außerdem gibt es einen neuen Eintrag mit dem Titel “[url=http://www.spio.de/index.asp?SeitID=292&VVID=104369&RefSeitID=70&Ltitel=%22Alien%20-%20Das%20unheimliche%20Wesen%20aus%20einer%20fremden%20Welt%22%20%28SF%20Reel%205%29][b]Alien - Das unheimliche Wesen aus einer fremden Welt (SF Reel 5)[/b][/url]“, in dem Bonusmaterial mit einer Laufzeit von 91:15 Minuten genannt, allerdings nicht genauer benannt wird.
[/FONT]
Which is roughly translated to: [FONT= Arial]There is also a new entry with the title " [url=http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.spio.de/index.asp%3FSeitID%3D292%26VVID%3D104369%26RefSeitID%3D70%26Ltitel%3D%2522Alien%2520-%2520Das%2520unheimliche%2520Wesen%2520aus%2520einer%2520fremden%2520Welt%2522%2520(SF%2520Reel%25205)&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhji87un6Rhagw22GGObz_-V6i-uWg][b]Alien - The mysterious creature from another world (SF Reel 5)[/b][/url] , the bonus material with a running time of 91:15 minutes called in but is not specifically named.[/FONT]

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
More features!
Alien - Anthology (SF Reel 1)

• Alien - The Saga (Dokumentation) [109:00 Min.]
Aliens - Die Rückkehr (SF Reel 4)

• Aliens: Ride at the Speed of Fright (Sim. Ride Video/Pre-Show Video) [10:20 Min.]
The first item is probably The Alien Saga documentary which aired on AMC (??) and is available on DVD separately. As for the second item, I have to ask... "There was an Aliens ride?"

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought I might have heard about one at MGM in Orlando. Couldn't say first hand though.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I remember watching some holiday parade on TV a few years back. One of those NY parades that gets televised. The Alien Warrior was in it, prancing about like parade members do. I thought that was a ridiculous use of a terrifying monster.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
There was an Alien Experience thing in the Trocadero, Picadilly London. I went on it. It was one of those walk through dark corridors with people pretending to be Marines while effects and models and someone dressed in a suit tried to convince you there were Aliens chasing you. Been a while but I think there was some footage in that.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by Simon Massey

There was an Alien Experience thing in the Trocadero, Picadilly London. I went on it. It was one of those walk through dark corridors with people pretending to be Marines while effects and models and someone dressed in a suit tried to convince you there were Aliens chasing you. Been a while but I think there was some footage in that.

I remember going on this very clearly. It was called Alien War, and was a uniquely disturbing experience. I remember seeing several female guests coming out crying, and I vividly remember being genuinely shocked at how harrowing the experience was.

Each group had a phoney guest, who would be snatched by the 'Alien' in an elevator. It was a very unnerving attraction, and involved running, shouting, screaming, etc. Nasty stuff. I doubt they'd get away with such intensity nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks