What's new

Pre-Order Conan The Barbarian (1982) Limited Edition (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
conan limited.jpeg

PREORDER SHOULD BE AVAILABLE WITHIN A DAY

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Ah - nostalgia for my pimply, scrawny, early puberty years. Had to watch this, back in day, pan-and-scanned on VHS, on a rather small TV, with a tinny speaker, as I wasn't allowed into the cinema to see it. Absolutely cracking score by Basil Pouledoris; ranks as one of the best soundtracks ever recorded.

Wonder if I'll still find the film plodding, when Arnold isn't on screen? Can't quite remember it as being a roaring adventure.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I always thought Conan the Destroyer was a far better film than Barbarian. Having said that, I ordered the Conan Chronicles set as soon as Arrow put the pre order up on their website. I thought about ordering only Destroyer but the UHDs were $45 each and the Chronicles set containing both was only $60.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I always thought Conan the Destroyer was a far better film than Barbarian. Having said that, I ordered the Conan Chronicles set as soon as Arrow put the pre order up on their website. I thought about ordering only Destroyer but the UHDs were $45 each and the Chronicles set containing both was only $60.

I always thought the opposite as 'Barbarian had a much better script and more depth under John Milius' direction. The score was absolutely great as well and epic. However, I will be picking up 'Destroyer too. These look like amazing, if not archival-like releases reading what's included on another site.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
We'll see how this turns out. A lot of the technical deficiencies with the Conan films are the result of Dino's notorious cost cutting (shoddy el cheapo widescreen processes, bad matte work, boxy mono and poorly preformed music scores), and are burned in to the negs.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Review

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks