What's new

Pre-Order Conan The Destroyer (1984) Limited Edition (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
conan destroyer.jpeg

PREORDERS SHOULD BE LIVE WITHIN HOURS

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm a bit surprised they are doing a standalone release of Conan the Destroyer, but it's a nice option for those who only want to own the sequel. Those people exist, right?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm a bit surprised they are doing a standalone release of Conan the Destroyer, but it's a nice option for those who only want to own the sequel. Those people exist, right?
I was only going to buy Destroyer but it’s $45 by itself and only $15 more ($60 total) for both films in the Chronicles set so I went that direction. I’ve only seen Barbarian once and didn’t really care for it but I grew up watching Destroyer and love it.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I was only going to buy Destroyer but it’s $45 by itself and only $15 more ($60 total) for both films in the Chronicles set so I went that direction. I’ve only seen Barbarian once and didn’t really care for it but I grew up watching Destroyer and love it.
I knew "those people" must exist! :cheers:

Denham

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul

While I wouldn't exactly say I "love" it, I do consistently enjoy it quite a bit. I guess there are aspects of it I do actually love (the score, when preformed well, feels more muscular and vibrant to me for this than for the original, which I otherwise still like a lot).
I also had a similar journey- looking forward to experiencing Conan for the first time in any medium with the first film, but coming away not all that impressed.
One thing it did do was make me a regular reader of the Marvel comics for several years after.
Destroyer plays very much like one of those which is another reason I've always responded to that one more reflexively.

Trying to save my money right now, so not sure if I'll pick up just Destroyer, the Collection, or pass on both.
May have to wait for reviews to decide.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Shame they're not including the original R--rated cut which "Conan" fans have long requested. This release would likely have been its best and last chance of happening. There is still several months to go before the release.. Perhaps if enough fans (it wld be helpful to get some celeb "Conan" fans involved, but that prob won't happen) petitioned Arrow to include the extended version, restored or otherwise, it *could* still happen.
Not long ago, fans of director Michael Mann appealed to Arrow about includng the Directors Cut of his film "Blackhat" on their upcoming UHD release (Arrow was only going to include the theatrical cut) -- and they were successful..

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
They're including all three cuts of Barbarian. In all likelihood, Arrow already investigated the existence of an R-Rated version of Destroyer only to find that Dino probably tossed it in the furnace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks