What's new

Completed My Custom Backlit Poster Box (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Hey All

I finished my latest project: a backlit poster box for the foyer of my theater. Detailed here. I had started this project as a simple poster frame (from HT Market) glitzed up with perimeter rope lighting. My original intent was always to purchase a commerical box and inset it into the wall but I decided to make it a permanent built in.

The results were excellent - I couldn't be more pleased. Looking forward to your feedback.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys.

I'm curious if anyone might know the answer to this. Is there a UV protection product that can be applied as a plastic sheet to the back of my plexiglass backboard? I don't know how much of an issue UV rays will be to the wear and tear of the poster given it's not on very often. But I might as well be safe rather then sorry. I picture a product that is a thin sheet that adheres like the little screen protectors you can buy for PDAs. Just roll out the bubbles as you're done.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I had found a link earlier to Solarguard and that stuff is pretty expensive. Might have been looking at the wrong product.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I found a UV solution locally through an autoglass store. Got a role of UV film that I secured against the inside of the plexiglass sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks