What's new

Commercials that just irritate you.... (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
The Jay Mohr / Diet Pepsi ads are as dumb as they come. An agent for Diet Pepsi getting him in movies, rap videos, whatever.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
That stupid radio commercial where there is some dork playing the guitar and kids are singing with him.... and the tune they are singing to is Old McDonald.... Lennar Homes..... ugh that commercial pisses me off!

LewB

Screenwriter
That stupid radio commercial where there is some dork playing the guitar and kids are singing with him.... and the tune they are singing to is Old McDonald.... Lennar Homes..... ugh that commercial pisses me off!
See, ads do work. You just mentioned the name of products that pissed you off with their ads. The key is that you mentioned their name in a place where others will see the name. They just won :angry:

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Any McDonald's commercial - all of which in an odd way seem to market according to race. (BA-DA..BA..BA..BAA...I'M lovin' it) That jingle weakens my faith in mankind.:angry: :frowning: :angry: :frowning: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...speaking of McDonald's commercials...

What's up with the one with the two women sitting in the booth and the one tells the other that she needs to be her "boss" for a minute and tell her to stop hitting on so-and-so..."it's unprofessional". The other one asks if they can go back to being "friends" and tells the first woman that she thinks her boss has a crush on so-and-so.

The commercial is for Happy Meals? Huh?

StephenA

Screenwriter
That Happy Meal ad might work for my aunt. She's not all there and loves Happy Meals. She has all kinds of Happy meal toys from up to 20 years ago all over her shelves and window sills in her apartment.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
There is one on now where a woman brow beats her husband into buying a home he's worried he can't afford; and then the realtor jumps in and starts doing the 'come on bob!' bit. Jeez! Of course the realtor is rooting for him to buy a home he can't afford, she gets commission.

I think it was for 21st Century, but it really creeps me out.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh my GOD mattCR, I know exactly that commercial! I just wanna smack that guys wife and say "Leave the poor guy alone you F'in witch!!!" :D
Of course the realtor is rooting for him to buy a home he can't afford, she gets commission
I think that's what really bothers me about the commercial...I know too many people who buy things that they really can't afford. Usually it's because one of the persons (of the couple) pressures the other one into it and then they soon find that they are up shits creek. :frowning:

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The Zoo Pals commercials for kids' plastic plates are just awful... immensely irritating and totally crafted to target 1-4 year-olds... you can even watch them online at the above link...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have a new one, how about those incredibly violent car commercials that feature unsuspecting groups of people just driving along and talking and then suddenly getting freakin' broadsided by another car!?
I'm all about safety and safe cars but dear God, man, let's leave Blood Asphalt in drivers ed.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
The Milky Way ad where the guy's girlfriend shuts the door in his face, leaving him depressed. He picks up a Milky Way bar, and this fakey sounding "French" chick pops out of it, telling him that he's a "Buffet of manliness." Then he laughs, and she breaks into giggles that could peel paint - or be used as exhibit number one in a crimes against humanity trial.

Free Credit Report dot Com - where that smug guy is talking about HIS good credit score, and how he keeps an eye on it. The whole thing is a pain, because you have to sign up for some sort of service, that of course charges about $12.95 per month. Why call it "Free" if that is the case then?

The latest Subway commercials, with the melodramatic announcements. Isn't that Jon Lovitz, talking about "Italy, the country shaped like a boot"? I know he's probably making some good money as a pitchman, but it is so sad to see him reduced to THIS commercial.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The Milky Way ad where the guy's girlfriend shuts the door in his face, leaving him depressed. He picks up a Milky Way bar, and this fakey sounding "French" chick pops out of it, telling him that he's a "Buffet of manliness." Then he laughs, and she breaks into giggles that could peel paint
And then he takes a bite out of her!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
John, I agree with you. I was thinking about this thread when I saw those commericals.
When I am watching a commercial, there's no need to try and startle me to get you to sell your damn product. :angry: Obviously that's the whole point of the commercial (to startle you) but it's effectiveness is a cheap way of selling their product.
There's no need for that kind of selling. If I want to jump out of my seat, I'll watch a suspense flick. I mean, that's almost poor responsibility on those (who made the commercial) - I can just imagine someone having a bad reaction (heartwise) to that commercial.
As it is, I have a really bad back, and I kind of jumped when I first saw the commercial. If I had really done more damage, you bet I'd be writting a nasty letter to them. ;)
The latest Subway commercials, with the melodramatic announcements. Isn't that Jon Lovitz, talking about "Italy, the country shaped like a boot"? I know he's probably making some good money as a pitchman, but it is so sad to see him reduced to THIS commercial.
How about those soup commercials with John Lithgow! :frowning:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Malcolm R said:
Vonage commercials with that stupid "Woo Hoo" song. :angry:
Yep, I agree with that one big time. Those stupid marketing execs think that just because that song was featured in a cool movie (Kill Bill Vol 1), it makes their commercial cool...WRONG!
Moral to the execs...cool in movie, not in your commercial.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
John Williamson said:
Moral to the execs...cool in movie, not in your commercial.
Now, on the other hand, if Vonage commercials had Uma Thurman and a lot of over-the-top, gratuitous violence...

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Why is their always stupid shit going on in the background on most Vonage commericals? There is one where someone in a lobster suit gets stuck in a revolving door, wtf? And another where spouse of the commercial spokesperson is acting like an idiot in the background.
My current least favorite is one for a local roofing company that features Evil Kenevil talking about how painful it is to use a roofer other than xx. It then goes on to show him taking some nasty spills on his bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks