What's new

Coming Soon: A Completely New HTF (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
One of the things I missed most when the move to the current software occurred was they way email thread update notifications were handled. The prior software (or at least at some point), I got once email once a day with notifications for all the threads I was active in. Now we get separate notifications for each thread. In that once a day notice, the link to the thread took me to the next unread post. The current software takes me to the first post in the thread every time.

Sure be nice if the new software went back to the old notification method.

However, long as the content remains top notch, I'll be here.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sorry I have not read the whole thread. Will Polls move to the new place intact with the already existing votes?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Johnny Angell said:
One of the things I missed most when the move to the current software occurred was they way email thread update notifications were handled. The prior software (or at least at some point), I got once email once a day with notifications for all the threads I was active in. Now we get separate notifications for each thread. In that once a day notice, the link to the thread took me to the next unread post. The current software takes me to the first post in the thread every time.

I'll look into it

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Could we have more than 5 Polls per thread?

This is useful and fun for awards seasons for members to vote.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
SamT said:

That's something you can have now. It was set at a default and I just bumped it up. Does 10 Qs work?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
SamT said:

If there is something like this that you have an opinion on I would encourage you to put it through its paces on the new site and if it doesn't work let us know. I can't promise we will change them, but we will take it under consideration.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Thank you, done. This was not possible before your intervention. (Editing past polls)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Something I really don't like about polls is that poll activity itself makes it appear that there are new responses in the thread -- so you keep going to the thread and seeing the same last response.

Can that please be gotten rid of on the new platform? (I have no idea if it was possible to do so on this one. Maybe it's that way by choice?)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Charles Smith said:
Something I really don't like about polls is that poll activity itself makes it appear that there are new responses in the thread -- so you keep going to the thread and seeing the same last response.

Can that please be gotten rid of on the new platform? (I have no idea if it was possible to do so on this one. Maybe it's that way by choice?)
That way by choice here, not sure about on new platform yet. I just changed it on Sam's poll, so lets see if that behaves the way you prefer now.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Is there going to be a separate poll section? I think that would be a good idea.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Johnny Angell said:

Hi Johnny!

Ever since the major changes in March 2013, I don't get HTF email notifications at all. I've become accustomed to this.

In addition, my join date of April 9, 2013 is incorrect, along with my number of posts. I was an unfortunate case, in which all of my posts were involuntarily redesignated as "Guest". It was only with much effort on my part and assistance from MODs (I believe Dave Upton provided the main assistance.), and other HTF members (Especially Sumner Northcutt, who hasn't posted in a long while--I hope he's OK?), that I was able to retrieve my HTF posts dating back to the summer of 2010, though they don't count in my total number of posts, if that makes any sense.

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Thank you for your effort to improve HTF, guys.

This may not be an issue with the subforums (as we can't yet see them), but I just wanted to double check that proper thread details (page count, number of replies, etc) will be included? It would be great to even include them on the "Recent Topics" sidebar so we know how active a popular discussion is and have more to go on than simply the name of the last responder. Would that be possible?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Again???? SMDH....

I seldom post here any more anyways so I guess it doesn't matter in the long run. Just hope I can find my way around when I need too.

My support has been renewed in January and I have no intention of stopping it. But for the love of everything good, please stop changing platforms quicker than I change underwear...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
David Willow said:
Again???? SMDH....

I seldom post here any more anyways so I guess it doesn't matter in the long run. Just hope I can find my way around when I need too.

My support has been renewed in January and I have no intention of stopping it. But for the love of everything good, please stop changing platforms quicker than I change underwear...

David, please tell me you have changed your underwear in the last few years! :) I understand. Trust me when I say that this isn't something we take lightly. Its a PITA for us. We have to learn it just like everyone else. We wish we would have had the time to do it right last time, but we didn't have that luxury leaving Huddler. This platform is EOL so we need to either migrate to the new version or convert, either of which was going to be a learning curve for everyone. With the migration to more and more mobile devices we needed a real fix to usability instead of the band aids we have had in place. We have seen both on the horizon and Dave has been working on the migration for almost a year to make sure that we are in a good place to handle whatever the future throws at us.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'm well familiar with the Xenforo format, so congrats on the move. I hope it goes smoothly and that the complaints are at least manageable. There are ALWAYS complaints! Good luck guys. Looking forward to it.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks