What's new

Classic TV Stars - Who's Still With Us (Part 1 - The 60's) (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
For Petticoat Junction, four of the actresses that played the girls are still alive (Linda Kaye Henning, Jeannine Riley, Gunilla Hutton, and Lori Saunders; A 5th, Pat Woodell, sadly just passed away a few days ago).

And June Lockhart, Mike Minor, and Johnathan Daly (He played Orrin Pike, Bobbie Jo's boyfriend in later seasons) are still alive.

Frank Soyke said:
My 3 Sons - The Livingston Brothers, Tina Cole, and Tim Considine still with us,

Dawn Lyn and Ronne Troup were regulars in the later seasons and are sill alive.

And those that played the triplets at various times, if they count (You never seemed to see much of them even when they were toddlers), hopefully still are with us.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
We have lost quite a few more classic TV stars this year. With DVD news pretty slow right now, I thought it might be interesting to take a look at which folks are still around. For some, this might seem kind of morbid, but as an autograph collector as well, I still felt it might be fun to take a look at who is still around. I figured I would do it by decade, starting with the 60's as most 50's TV stars who weren't child actors are long gone by now. The information provided here is accurate to the best of my knowledge but feel free to correct me if you know something I dont.

Andy Griffith - Only Elinor Donaue and Ron Howard remain

My 3 Sons - The Livingston Brothers, Tina Cole, and Tim Considine still with us,

I guess your not even going to attempt the 50s . I'd guess almost no one left.

DIck Van Dyke - Dick Van Dyke, MTM, Reiner, and Larry Mattews remain

Burke's Law - Gary Conway

Defenders - Both leads deceased

Get Smart - Dick Gautier and Barbara Feldon still alive

I Dream Of Jeannie - Barbara Feldon and Bill Daily remain

Hogan's Heroes - Only Robert Clary left

Addams Family - Astin and Lisa Loring

Munsters - Beverly Owen, Pat Priest, and Butch Patrick

Gilligan's Island - Only the girls are left

Wild Wild West - Martin is long deceased, but no-one has "dared" knock Bob Conrad off.

Voyage - Hedison and Robert Dowdell (Chip Morton) only 2 left

Rat Patrol - Gudegast, Gary Raymond, amd Lawrence Casey

UNCLE - Caroll long gone but other leads very visable to this day. McCallum on NCIS and Vaughn shilling local lawyers nationwide.

Bewitched - Only the kids left.

Hillbillies - Sadly, only Baer left

Batman - West and Ward

Bonanza - all four major leads deceased. Canary still alive to my knowledge

Gunsmoke - Only Reynolds and Taylor remain of major charactors.

My Favorite Martian - All major characters deceased.

Green Acres - I believe all the major characters are now deceased. The only one I'm uncertain about is Tom Lester (Eb)

Rawhide - Eastwood will live on forever. Others deceased.

Gomer Pyle - Only Ronnie Schell still remains.

Dragnet - Webb and Morgan gone.

McHale's Navy - Of that large cast only Tim Conway, John Wright (Willy), and Yoshio Yoda (Fuji) are left.

Name of The Game - Three main leads gone.

Adam 12 - Milner recently deceased. McCord still with us.

Twilight Zone - Serling has been gone many years

Route 66 - Maharis still kickin. Corbett and Milner gone.

Untouchables - Only Georgiade (Rossi) and Henandez (Youngfellow) remain.

Perry Mason - Barbara Hale still alive to my knowledge. Everyone else gone.

Mannix - Campanella I believe is still with us and of course Conners will go on forever...

Mission Impossible - This show made out pretty well. Only Graves and Morris deceased. Everyone else still out there.

The FBI - Only William Reynolds survives

Combat - Jack Hogan (Kirby) and Conlan Carter (Doc) last remaining soldiers,

Lost In Space - John Robinson (Williams), Dr. Smith (Harris) and The Robot deceased. All other cast members alive and kicking.

I would try to do some more but I'm out of time. Please feel free to add your own. I'll be back next week with Part 2 (The 70's).
I guess there's no sense in trying to compile a list of actors left from the 1950s .Just about no one left .

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
LouA said:
I guess there's no sense in trying to compile a list of actors left from the 1950s .Just about no one left .

Mostly kids from the shows, I'd imagine.

The kids from Father Knows Best, Jon Provost, Tony Dow, Jerry Mathers, and Ken Osmond... actors who were relatively young in the 50s.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
if you were to include shows that began in the 1950s and continued into the 1960s, here are a few.

Wagon Train - Robert Horton, Robert Fuller, and Michael Burns are still with us.

Laramie - Robert Fuller, Robert Crawford, Jr. and Dennis Holmes

Bachelor Father - Noreen Corcoran and Bernadette Withers

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The Obsolete Man said:
Mostly kids from the shows, I'd imagine.

The kids from Father Knows Best, Jon Provost, Tony Dow, Jerry Mathers, and Ken Osmond... actors who were relatively young in the 50s.
Jay North is still around as well.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I really appreciate everyone's imput on this, even the corrections. I whiffed on a couple biggies like Jim Nabors, Anna Morgan Guilbert and Bernard Fox and I could have sworn Rose Marie died years ago. I confess to having Abe Vigoda syndrome on her.

Also wanted to throw in:

Mod Squad - All of the Squad still around although Tige Andrews died a few years back

The Fugitive - Janssen, Morse, and Bill Raisch all deceased.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Richard Chamberlain of Dr. Kildare (he was only 27 when the show started it's run).

Gary Lockwood of The Lieutenant ( he was only 26 when that show premiered).

Bruce Dern of Stoney Burke...

Marlo Thomas of That Girl...

Sadly, upon doing IMDB searches, I discovered that many others I thought I could mention have died...

In the "Might wish he was dead" department...Bill Cosby of I Spy...

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Frank Soyke said:
I Dream Of Jeannie - Barbara Feldon and Bill Daily remain
You probably mean Barbara Eden on that one-- Feldon was on Get Smart.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
From The Fugitive, Jacqueline Scott (Kimble's sister) is still with us.

Van Williams is the only one of the 3 leads on SurfSide 6 still alive.

Peyton Place survivors also include Barbara Parkins.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Though technically in the seventies, Kenneth Washington, who played Sergeant Richard Baker in the last season (1970-71) of HOGAN'S HEROES, is also still with us. He and Robert Clary are the last two surviving male cast members!

CHEERS! :)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
87th Precinct-Ron Harper and Gena Rowlands (Gregory Walcott another cast member died earlier this year).

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Here's a few more from LEAVE IT TO BEAVER:

Rusty Stevens: LEAVE IT TO BEAVER series regular, appearing mostly during the first 3 seasons. Played Larry Mondello, Beaver's friend who was always getting him into trouble, and whose father always seemed to be away on a business trip in Cincinnati!

Steven Talbot: Played Beaver's friend Gilbert Bates (Though his surname occasionally changed a bit!) in the later seasons.

Richard Correll: Played Beaver's friend Richard Rickover during the middle seasons. I don't think he was ever quite a series regular (series semi-regular would probably be more accurate!), but I couldn't resist including him! There's just so much interesting history with Rich (A huge part of preserving Harold Lloyd's Film Library, among many other things!), and he later co-created HANNAH MONTANA, as well!

CHEERS! :)

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Peter Brown was also on Lawman ('50s/'60s).

Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) of The Andy Griffith Show is still with us, at 89 years young. I saw her signing autographs at The Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, N.C., a few weeks ago.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I should also say that Richard Denning is gone from original-recipe Five-O; he played the Governor (Steve's boss).

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
From the 1950's...

Phyllis Coates and Noel Neill, the actresses who played Lois Lane in The Adventures Of Superman are still with us.

Joyce Randolph who played Trixie on The Honeymooners is still alive, as is Anne Jeffreys from Topper.

Lee Aaker from Rin Tim Tin is still around, as are Dwayne Hickman and Shelia James from The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis.

Johnny Crawford from The Rifleman is still among the living, as are Kathleen Nolan and Lydia Reed from The Real McCoys.

From the 1960's...

Harry Landers (Dr. Ted Hoffman) from Ben Casey is still around as is Elizabeth MacRae (Gomer's girlfriend) from Gomer Pyle USMC.

Alan Young from Mr. Ed is still with us, as are Patty Duke, Paul O'Keefe and William Schallart from The Patty Duke Show.

The still beautiful, Sally Field from Gidget is still here.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm pleasantly surprised by how many Dark Shadows actors are still alive (here's a list of major cast members):

Alexandra Moltke

Nancy Barrett

Kathryn Leigh Scott

David Selby

David Henesy

Lara Parker

John Karlen

Roger Davis

Chris Pennock

Jerry Lacy

Mitch Ryan

Humbert Allen Astredo

Jim Storm

Robert Rodan

Denise Nickerson

Kate Jackson

Diana Millay

Terry Crawford

Marie Wallace

Kathy Cody

Sharon Smyth

Lisa Richards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks