What's new

Classic TV Stars - Who's Still With Us (Part 2 - The 70's /Police/Detective) (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Continuing. Note that shows some shows that crossed over from the 60's to the 70's (Mod Squad, Adam 12, Mannix, Mission Impossible) were included in the previous thread.

Kojak - Only Kevin Dobson survives from the main cast

Starsky and Hutch - Bernie Hamilton is deceased. Glaser, Soul, and Vargas remain

Baretta - Blake and Mike (Rooster) Roberts still kicken.

Rockford - Only Gretchen Corbett and Stuart Margolin remain. Santos died recently

Barnaby Jones - Shera and Merriwether still around. Buddy is gone.

Cannon - Bill Conrad long gone.

Mcmillan and Wife - Only Saint James and Schuck remain

Vega$ - Judy Landers, Bart Braverman, and Stevens remain.

Police Woman - Holliman, Dickenson, Ed Bernard, and Chas Dierkop alive

SWAT - Forrest and Ulrich gone. Shera and Rod Perry still alive

Rookies - O'Laughlin is deceased but Brown, Ontkean, and Jackson still with us.

Mccloud - Cannon and Weaver long gone. Only main cast member still around isTerry Carter

Columbo - Mr Falk is no long with us unfortunately

Charlie's Angels - Doyle, Forthsythe, and Farrah are gone. I believe everyone else is still alive.

Hart To Heart - Stander is deceased. Wagner and Powers still around.

Lobo - Akins is gone. I believe the reast of the cast is still around.

As always, feel free to make additions/corrections.

Dramas Next!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not a cop show but similar genre.

Emergency - Troup and London deceased. Mantooth and Tighe still around.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ellery Queen - Hutton and Wayne gone. Reese, Hillerman and Swofford still with us.

Search - Hugh O'Brian remains. Franciosa, McClure, and Meredith passed on.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Of original-recipe CBS Hawaii Five-O (1968-80): Jack Lord, James MacArthur, Zulu, Kam Fong, Herman Wedemeyer, and Glenn Cannon, among others, have passed on. Al Harrington is still here though.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
As much as I hate to admit this, I guess we're not getting any younger; I'm only 42, but I feel sometimes like I'm lost in the wrong time period. I grew up as a child of the 70's and 80's, and even caught a lot of 50's and 60's in syndication. My favorite show literally ended 45 years ago after a 9 year run.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Future Cop: this short-lived 1977 ABC police series (which had a 1978 NBC follow-up film called Cops and Robin) has John Amos and Michael Shannon still here, while Ernest Borgnine passed on in July 2012 at 95.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Of original-recipe CBS Hawaii Five-O (1968-80): Jack Lord, James MacArthur, Zulu, Kam Fong, Herman Wedemeyer, and Glenn Cannon, among others, have passed on. Al Harrington is still here though.
Just an anecdote...I saw Al Harrington in concert at Honolulu...he was a very fine singer and presented a very heartfelt and interesting series of recollections about his life, HAWAII 5-0 and his co-stars in between songs...also saw Jim Nabors show on that same trip...a special occasion as it was his last of the run at that particular hotel...Tom Selleck, John Hillerman and Larry Manetti were all in attendance and introduced to the audience...I saw quite a few Hawaii based celebrities on that one trip...also Harold Sakata (OddJob from GoldFinger)!

pegward

Grip
Real Name
Peggy
On your list for SWAT- James Coleman who played the blond cop, T.J. McCabe is still alive. He goes by his real name of James Lawrence now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks