What's new

Classic TV Shows that would benefit from a Blu-ray transfer (1 Viewer)

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
KPmusmag said:
I would buy Bewitched on blu. I have always thought it has a nice film-like look on DVD and surely blu would really bring that out. I don't care if I see the wires; I think that even on DVD we see more of the wires and such than we ever saw in the 60s on regular television sets. Even though I can acknowledge some of the show's weaknesses, I am still totally charmed by it.
I just began watching Bewitched for the first time. (I picked up the Sony DVD sets; I have the first seasons via the 'in color' releases.) When an object flies across the room I can't see the wires! Lol (So far, anyway.) Perhaps my eyes are going bad.

Apparently I really do need a Blu version of this. :)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Outer Limits is such an obvious choice along the lines of sci-fi cult favorites that sell again and again.

But put me down for Route 66, as well. That's one a total pipe dream, though.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Abbott and Costello

When I was archivist for the Estates, I found all the 35mm fine grain masters. That was in the mid-80's and they are still using standard def transfers (circa 1980) from inferior elements in their syndication and DVD licenses.

Sigh

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Bob Furmanek said:
Abbott and Costello

When I was archivist for the Estates, I found all the 35mm fine grain masters. That was in the mid-80's and they are still using standard def transfers (circa 1980) from inferior elements in their syndication and DVD licenses.

Sigh
That's such a shame because these films would really sparkle if given fresh transfers.

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
brynmill said:
Personally, I would not bother with the Dick Van Dyke Show or I Love Lucy on blu. I would have preferred color shows which either have good use of color or where FX would benefit from HD. My own preferences would be Night Gallery, Planet of the Apes, Munsters, Voyage to the bottom of the Sea, Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman and a few others.
I definitely would buy Planet of the Apes and Wonder Woman on blu

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks