What's new

CHiPs: Season 3, Starting to get concerned... (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
We need to at least get Season 3 out because of the Christmas episode. "Come on WB - RELEASE IT! (Please?)" is exactly right.

Gary "it's been a few years since this one has been on nationally - seems like TNT was the last one to air it" O.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I still wouldn't hold my breath. Studios typically, and most generally, announce new releases two months prior to their arrival in stores.

Currently, if Warner Brothers announced the release of Season 3 today, that it would be announced for release in September. Like I said, it's highly doubtful that the third season will get an announcement this year.

My guess is that the majority of the studios are concentrating on releasing shows that are currently in first run broadcast on the networks, shows that are still seeing fresh new episodes. This is why youo haven't been seeing any new classic titles forthcoming from the studios.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by eightezzz

I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for CHiPs Season 3 to be released on DVD, and I'm very annoyed that there has not even been a mention of it anywhere.

Why release Season 1, and Season 2 like clockwork in two consecutive Junes and then nothing?

I am one VERY annoyed CHiPs fan! As someone else said earlier in the thread, no wonder people buy bootleg.

Come on WB - RELEASE IT! (Please?)
If season 3 isn't released this year, I'm selling the first two seasons. I don't mind if studios take a little longer once and a while. But for crying out loud, the least they could do is let the consumers know the status of the series in question(delayed, canceled due to poor sales, or complete series coming soon).

Not knowing is the absolute worst. I can deal with a canceled series on dvd, but If I knew for certain I could move on to other series I'm thinking about buying.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I still wouldn't sell the first two seasons, they are, after all, the best of the series. Even if the rest of the series is never released, at least we got two seasons. Also, the economy is probably the reaosn why there haven't been any announcements of continuing releases of currently released shows.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
CHiPs appears to be another stalled series along with Benson, The Rookies, SWAT, Too Close for Comfort, etc.

I am like some of the people out there and that is very frustrated with buying a season then have to wait for the subsequent series. I have decided that I am no longer going to buy the first season of any series that it just released or will be released, like Hotel, Vega$, Early Edition, etc. I am going to focused my budget on series that are already complete, like Good Times, Cheers, Man from UNCLE, Sanford & Son, etc.

I think we need to have more online petitions and have them forward to the studio around what people would like too see continued. I think the tv shows on dvd has exploded over the past few years, but, i do not think the releases have been managed correctly.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You're not the only one but everybody is forgetting that all of these studios have cut back on their releases because of the economy. With all of the stock from currently available sets that they have in stock, these studios won't kick back into high gear until the economy starts improving.

It has nothing to do with a series being stalled. The economy has just been affecting everyone and you won't see any additional releases, except for those releases that are being tied into those shows that are still in production.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Recently, I came across a posted message on Amazon's forums which talked about why Chips Season 3 was being held up from getting released. According to the speculation, the rumor is that the state of California is holding up the release because they want a portion of the residuals from the sales of the DVD sets merely because of the usage of an actual "Law Enforcement Agency, CHP."

Apparently, they're looking at various ways to offset their declining revenue.

The source of this post: http://www.amazon.com/CHIPS-Season-3/forum/FxTNDCLG7CGTJ1/Tx19YME27MKNIAY/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0014VPFKY

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

I still wouldn't sell the first two seasons, they are, after all, the best of the series. Even if the rest of the series is never released, at least we got two seasons.
I wouldn't sell them either! Two seasons' worth (1/3 of the series) is better than nothing, at least to me. At least I have some, where before I had none. I feel much the same way about "Hart to Hart," in that 2/5 of that series (all that was released) is a whole lot better deal than having none at all.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
bmasters, you got that right. I'm just happy to own the first two seasons. Better to have some seasons than not at all.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Having two seasons released is nice and all. But, I am far from satisfied. In the same way we needed a Markie Post season of Night Court to see the light of day. We need too see at least one Randi Oakes (Bonnie) season make it as well.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
there is a rumor around a movie coming out. I think there could be hope that more of the series is released when the movie comes out. Is it me or has this been a slow year for releases or news around releases?

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Aryn, we're not saying that we don't want the rest of the series released. We're just saying that even if no further sets are released, that we're satisfied that we were able to get, at least, the first two seasons of the series. In my opinion, the first two seasons were the best.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by younger1968

there is a rumor around a movie coming out. I think there could be hope that more of the series is released when the movie comes out. Is it me or has this been a slow year for releases or news around releases?
If a movie comes out, chances of a season 3 release are about 100%.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
rumors about a CHiPs movie have been going on for at least 4 years.

Could it possibly be true this time? Back in June, this story ran:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/06/29/big_screen_chips_will_happen_next_year_s

Aaronmn

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
I'm still waiting for Season 3 to come out!!!!!!!! Will we get it this year?? This has been a long wait. After the first two sets came out a year apart, I thought maybe we'd see that continue. With the WHV Chat in April I hope to find out what's going on with the stall.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaronmn

I'm still waiting for Season 3 to come out!!!!!!!! Will we get it this year?? This has been a long wait. After the first two sets came out a year apart, I thought maybe we'd see that continue. With the WHV Chat in April I hope to find out what's going on with the stall.
I'm sure it will be addressed in the chat. I'm pretty much expecting a "no plans" answer for it.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I don't understand how Warner put out all 7 seasons of The Dukes Of Hazzard, yet CHiPs can't get past Season 2. Were the sales for ChiPs that bad?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Duane Alford

I don't understand how Warner put out all 7 seasons of The Dukes Of Hazzard, yet CHiPs can't get past Season 2. Were the sales for ChiPs that bad?
That's a great question. As I said before, I purchased "CHiPs" #2 one week after its release, but apparently Warner Bros. doesn't think that's soon enough (or late enough) to show any demand.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Dukes of hazzard was a brutal show. I am not sure why they pushed the show out so early. I guess maybe some people from the south like the show. I bought 1 & 3 season, but, i have no plan to buy anymore, because 2 an 4-7 seasons are all the same car chase/etc.

CHiPs is very frustrating due to the fact i thought it had a decent following. However, i guess the powers to be at Warners have different ideas. You add in the fact this appears to be a slow year for releases, which means there are doubts it is coming out this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks