What's new

Chiklis's Mackey or Sutherland's Bauer: Who's Better? (1 Viewer)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this may be fun to do with different TV show characters. These two I really like.

Try to vote unbiasedly. Just because you love one show more than the other doesn't mean you have to vote for the character from that show.

If you vote, can you also state why as I'm just curious. If you don't watch either "The Shield" or "24" it's pretty much impossible for you to make a choice.

Obviously, things like writing or censorship (lack there of for FX) play an important role to some extent. Trying not to look at that...I would have to say Chiklis's Vic Mackey, and I'm a huge Bauer fan, so Sutherland is almost like '1a.' Though I would state Sutherland was better in season 1 due to what he had to face all "day." Overall, I give the very slightest edge to Chiklis. Oddly enough, I like the Bauer character more.

Others?

jim barnes

Auditioning
When I'm watching The Shield I'm always looking at how they shoot the scenes so that Mackey doesn't look so short. There's no comparison in my book. I'd like Jack mad at me the least :)
JMHO

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I like them both. There's more Mackey on The Shield than Jack on 24, due primarily to Vic not having a dimwitted daughter.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
IMO Jack Bauer is the baddest SOB on TV. The guy can kill without a second thought and is as reasiliant as they come. The fact that Jack, killed the prisoner and cut his head off to get in with the rogue group was nuts and puts him ahead of Mackey. Jack seems like he is the most out of control but he actually is very in control of what's going on around him. Mackey doesn't have nearly the control of his surroundings as Jack does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks