What's new

Chicago Hope??? (1 Viewer)

Qrusher14242

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel Dressel
I think you are right Matt. People have forgotten about it. I've been watching it and i'm in S2 right now. Such a great show, i wish it would come out on dvd just to see it in good quality. I dont think music rights would be a problem, there was a ton of music in the show.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Well I haven't forgotten about it and still want it. This and Boston Public are my two most-wanted shows right now.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Looks like the first season of Chicago Hope is being released early next year from Revelation Films (who have been releasing Rawhide, and will be releasing Tales from the Darkside in the UK). The UK release date is Monday 5th March, 2012 (source: Amazon UK).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The second season of Chicago Hope is available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK and Play.com with a release date of Monday 9th July.

EDIT: The release date was changed to Monday 23rd July (source: Amazon UK).

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Because Fox sucks. That's why.
But even with that said, somehow, apparently, they have a good relationship with Revelation Films. Yet, according to what some people on this forum are saying, the less said about their relationship with Shout Factory and VCI Entertainment, the better.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
So is this release available in the US or just the UK??
This was a favorite program and would love to have it!!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 /t/174157/chicago-hope#post_3904901
So is this release available in the US or just the UK??
This was a favorite program and would love to have it!!
It's been released in the UK, so I assume you should be able to order it off Amazon UK for example.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Front cover 3D artwork for Chicago Hope: Season Two, which was released by Revelation Films this past Monday (23rd July) (source of artwork below: Play.com):

adc76f55_21660635_500x500_1.jpeg

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Revelation Films' DVD release of the third season of Chicago Hope has a release date of Monday 5th November (source: Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com).

Front cover 3D artwork for Chicago Hope: Season Three (source: Play.com):

Revelation Films have got the correct amount of discs in this set, what with there being 26 episodes in the third season.

Has anyone else purchased the first season set, as I'd be interested to read comments on the what they think of the picture movement style (not to do with the PAL speed-up topic).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think the UK is the hope for Western Civilization. I cannot understand why such a high-quality show does not get a release in its country of origin?? I loved this show, and I'm not alone.
They used to use me as an extra a lot on that show. I recall being a classroom student in the Isabella Rossilini episode. Another time, I played a doctor during an outbreak and we all had to panic--then they locked us in the hospital. (Fun stuff, but it also happened on E.R. at least three times!)

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Wow, blasting off with the hyperbole there, aren't you? I don't think the Western Civilation is doomed yet just because this show isn't on DVD in North America, although I'd like to see it here on DVD as well.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/174157/chicago-hope/30#post_3975970
I think the UK is the hope for Western Civilization. I cannot understand why such a high-quality show does not get a release in its country of origin?? I loved this show, and I'm not alone.
They used to use me as an extra a lot on that show. I recall being a classroom student in the Isabella Rossilini episode. Another time, I played a doctor during an outbreak and we all had to panic--then they locked us in the hospital. (Fun stuff, but it also happened on E.R. at least three times!)

Don't know the show Chicago Hope well enough to know if the episodes have the music intact. The BBFC listing page for the second season shows most episodes have a total run time of between 44 and a half minutes and 46 minutes, with the exception of one episode ("Sweet Surrender") which has a total running time of just over 43 and a half minutes.

AllanParker

Auditioning
Real Name
Allan Parker
Chicago Hope is one of my preferred TV shows of all time. The whole cast was very talented, and the story line was excellent. I like the way the story goes which tackles the life of each character on the show, on how they face the problems in the hospital. I just started watching it again on DVD which I purchased at memorylanedvd.com . Well, I received a good copy with great quality. I’m glad that I can watch this again during my leisure time because this show is very interesting! There’s also a part of learning while watching this show. You can learn various kinds of hospital terms which some of us didn’t even know. I also love how the show combines some essential hilarity and drama of saving each patient’s lives. I really do recommend this show for those who haven’t watched it yet.

catlover25

Auditioning
Real Name
Toni
I was happy to find Chicago Hope at hulu.com. Great show!! I enjoyed it when it was first aired and am loving it that much more now

catlover25

Auditioning
Real Name
Toni
I would be careful about buying the set of Chicago Hope that 'brightergalaxy' is recommending. I have not seen the full season being sold anywhere else. Fakes can occur. My sister was given a full set of ER as a gift that her kids gave her that they got at a great price. Well, she has had many problems with them and some episodes won't play. These must be scams.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Rob T said:
It's probably about the only medical series that I'd buy.no word yet though.
The staff of St. Elegius says hi.

/inside a snowglobe.
//Which reminds me, Fox, get the rest of St. Elsewhere out there!
///Not only is the show great, but I want to finally solve the mystery of the "was-it-or-wasn't-it-banned" original closing credits on the series finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks