What's new

center channel (1 Viewer)

ChrisSC

Auditioning
I have already searched for any other posts and found nothing. What I was wondering if any one has any 3-way center channel box designs that resemble the polk audio LSiC series center channel. The last attempt I made the speaker sounded horrible. I am wanting to use this as the woofer (parts express # 297-436) this as the mids (parts express # 297-433 ) and this as the tweeter (parts express # 276-154) The crossover that I used was radioshacks 3-way unit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Chris

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Doing a Google image search for the LSiC looks like a MTM setup:

Are you looking to reuse the Hi-Vi drivers from your last project? Otherwise, I'd say ditch the 3" midbasses and go with an MTM design using the 5" drivers. (cross 'em over at around 2500 - 3000Hz)

Nothing against the 3" drivers.. it's just that the 5" drivers are fully capable of covering the same frequencies.

Per ISD online: Two 297-436's are maximally flat in a .77 cubic foot box ported with two 1.5" (internal) diameter vents cut to 4.25"

The crossover is another matter entirely. How are you at following a schematic and wielding a soldering iron? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks