What's new

Center Channel Question (1 Viewer)

Khasimir

Grip
I'm in the process of setting up my new system and putting it through the tests and am having somewhat of an issue with my center channel. I bought a Klipsch RC-35, which I love.Unfortunately, since I now own a plasma mounted above a fireplace, it appears I will have to replace it with some type of thin/skinny center channel speaker (ie. Definitive Technology Mythos 3 or a Klipsch SLX).
Does anyone have any experience with one of these things? My guess is that it won't touch the RC-35, but I'd like someone with first hand knowledge to give me their thoughts on those 2.
My alternative is to rip out the base of this fireplace and build some screened in door number and put it behind that. Since that would be a pain in the rear, it's my second choice.
Anywho, if you have experience with one of these small thin center channel deals, let me know your performance opinions.

Thanks.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
How about a hearth extension or nice decorative shelf above or below, where ever you can get it over or under the TV. I have seen them done before and are great. The other thing you could think about is most people don't have the fireplace going while using the TV. You could get a small stand for the floor and tilt it upward. I would do one of these before I would mess with changing brands that do not match your other speakers..

Khasimir

Grip
Thanks for the responses. I went out and bought the Def Tech Mythos 3 center channel and compared it to the RC-35. It looks like I'm going to be taking the RC-35 back! The highs are SO sharp with that thing, it's incredible, along with a pretty good midrange. It makes the RC-35 seem like it's all midrange by comparision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks