What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Carmen Miranda Collection from Fox- coming in June (1 Viewer)

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Thank you so much for the captures Daniel!

Fox is doing better than ever with its classics this year :)

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit

A nice improvement on GANG'S ALL HERE. Screen caps aren't the best way to judge, but it seems their latest attempt is a lot closer to the look of the Technicolor prints that circulated in revival houses not that long ago.

Now, the question is, since Fox has acknowledged their blunder on the recent first GANG'S ALL HERE attempt, have they announced an exchange program for those of us who bought the first disc and would like the corrected transfer instead?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I just spent the night with Carmen Miranda and enjoyed each and every one of the films from the Fox collection. I thought I would never see “Something for the Boys.” My heart skipped a beat when I saw the Fox logos for “The Gang’s All Here” since it looked drab. But as the film started I could tell it is a major improvement over the last DVD release, though color still not as good as the Laserdisc (IMO). I am glad to have it; I will make no complaints, recommend it and will enjoy it for years to come.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

It seems that with this collection and the announced “Four Jills and a Jeep” in the Alice Faye collection that the only remaining Carmen US film not released on DVD is “Springtime in the Rockies.” I know that she only made 12 films in the US, but it is outstanding that almost her entire output is available whereas take Esther Williams, a major MGM star that made about 21 films and only 8 have been released, that is even not half.

My hat is off to Fox for this outstanding collection and showing their respect to this entertainer. I look forward to the Alice Faye Collection – Volume 2 and keep scanning for news on the release of “Springtime in the Rockies.” After all no one can do Chattanooga Choo-Choo like Carmen does.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Fiore
I love this set so far!

Gang's All Here has excellent colour, Greenwhich Village is wonderful gem (especially the "It Goes to Your Toes" number by The Four Step Brothers + 5 unknown musicians), Vivian Blaine is a fun heroine in the Alice Faye mold, and the Carmen Miranda bio brought a tear to my eye (although it was a bit repetitive)... also--during the bio credits, "Springtime in the Rockies" is listed as "Available on DVD"!!!!! (hopefully, that does mean that Betty Grable v.2 is coming!)

I'll take studio age films from anyone who wants to put 'em out (and I LOVE classic Warners, MGM, and RKO), but I think Fox is doing by far the best job with what it has to give!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks