What's new

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I also am doing an MCU rewatch, tonight I watched Winter Soldier for I think the first time since I went to a Captain America marathon that concluded with Civil War. I loved this movie but I am the complete opposite of Adam when it comes to cinematography. I am not a fan of anamorphic lenses especially on digital cameras. When I started watching this movie It looked soft enough to me that I had to check the focus on my projector. The entire movie isn't soft however as during the attack on Furry sequence I could see every mark on Sam Jackson's face in great detail.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just rewatched this last night, and had pretty much the same experience as I’ve had every time I’ve seen it. Love the movie, but get bored/restless during the ending helicarrier fight. Everything before that works perfectly for me, and everything after is fine too.

I thought this time I would bookend the movie with the episodes of Agents Of SHIELD that aired around it, but that plan didn’t work out. I started watching the episode that comes immediately before the movie, and realized that the series had no rewatch value for me. Don’t get me wrong, I watch all the new episodes on ABC when they air, but I hadn’t tried rewatching any before.

I ended up bailing on the episode halfway through and didn’t even try to start the next one after the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks