What's new

Theatrical Captain America: Civil War (2016) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not bad for a kid from Brooklyn.

We'll see how the new kid from Queens does in his next outing. I really enjoyed his scenes in this film, and though I'd read previously that he was in the film, by the time I finally saw it for the first time yesterday it had completely slipped my mind. It was a nice surprise/shock when Peter and Aunt May appeared on-screen. :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Tony,

I’m glad you’re back at the compound, I don’t like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I’ve been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere – even in the Army. My faith is in people, I guess. Individuals. And I’m happy to say for the most part, they haven’t let me down. Which is why I can’t let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but – maybe they shouldn’t. I know I hurt you Tony. I guess I thought – by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but… I can see now I was really sparing myself. I’m sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do. I know you were only doing what you believe in, and that’s all any of us can do, it’s all any of us should. So no matter what, I promise if you — if you need us. If you need me, I’ll be there.

Steve

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I saw the movie last night to cap off my birthday and really enjoyed the movie from beginning to end. I liked how the revenge theme looped back around with the scene between Black Panther and Zemo. And I liked how Zemo was not just another super powered bad guy hell bent on dominance. I'm looking forward to seeing more from the Russo Bros.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpeg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
As a fan of both comics and the films based on them, I always love this type of concept art.

image.jpeg
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpeg

The Blu-ray will be released on September 13th. Can't wait to watch this again! Though I hope they start releasing on UHD Blu-ray.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I am actually surprised Captain America: Civil War did not come out on 4K UHD right out of the gate.

Since there is just under two months before it hits Blu-ray, I'm hoping that Disney will announce some UHD releases for later this year with Civil War being one of the first. But so far no UHD Blu-rays from them.

If they don't get it out by September, I'm still hoping Disney starts releasing by the end of the year.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Disney has not released any films on 4K yet.

If they don't get it out by September, I'm still hoping Disney starts releasing by the end of the year.

The Digital Bits has reported several times that if Disney decides to enter the 4K market, it will either be in the fourth quarter of this year, or more likely, the first quarter of next year.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The Digital Bits has reported several times that if Disney decides to enter the 4K market, it will either be in the fourth quarter of this year, or more likely, the first quarter of next year.

Hopefully Disney will jump in and put out some 4K titles soon. But as long as Disney and others are not putting out 4K titles they will not be getting my money. I only say this because that is where I am focusing my movie purchases, titles on 4K UHD!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure that at this time the 4K market in North America is FAR smaller than the 3D market is. Far smaller. If this is the case, and Disney clearly has almost zero interest in 3D releases here, why would they even consider putting out 4K titles? Color me skeptical.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure that at this time the 4K market in North America is FAR smaller than the 3D market is. Far smaller. If this is the case, and Disney clearly has almost zero interest in 3D releases here, why would they even consider putting out 4K titles? Color me skeptical.

At this point, I think 4K has a much brighter future than 3D. There are a LOT of 4K sets coming out.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
There were a lot of 3D sets produced too. That doesn't mean that people will buy into it, as the current state of the home 3D market has shown. At this point in time 4K UHD disc title availability is only important to a very small percentage of consumers. I'd be very surprised if Disney is interested right now, especially in light of their non-support of 3D releases in North America, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My finances do not allow me to purchase both 4K titles and numerous 1080p titles so I am focusing on building my 4K library with the funds I do have. So if a studio is not releasing 4K UHD titles then they will not be getting any money from me for the time being. I also see no reason to continue to double dip buying a 1080p release only to turn around and purchase the 4K release. All my available funds are being saved when possible to upgrade my system to a full 4K UHD chain. My next purchase will be a new receiver with 4K UHD switching, Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. My ultimate goal is to get a 4K UHD projector and a 120" screen but if not then a 80" display will have to do.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I took the end of Civil War as Steve apologizing and offering and olive branch but Tony's feeling on the matter are left unresolved. Aside from each characters' legal status, there is still a significant divide remaining between the two heroes. I didn't realize that some thought the ending meant that Tony forgave Steve. But the Russos have clarified that their divide has certainly not been resolved (as I think most of us got):

“We believe things that are important and complex for a character to go through should be seen on camera. The divisions that happened at the end of Civil War were so deep they’re not the kind of things you can resolve or move through off camera; they’re the kind of things you have to directly deal with in the storytelling. That’s our philosophical approach to how we handle those things.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks