What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cancelled TV Shows DVD Release Dates (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/120#post_3661850
The long-awaited Family Matters makes its way to the list, along with total surprise "I'm Dickens--He's Fenster." Didn't see that one coming! Also, Everwood season 3 comes off the "rumored" list and onto the schedule where it belongs!
But isn't that "I'm Dickens - He's Fenster" release a "tribute" thing with only a few episodes and some interviews? That's what I took away from the press release. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3662344
TVShowsonDVD just updated...
Season 3 of Mr. Ed on June 1, Leave it to Beaver S3 and the Complete Series June 15. The Complete Series is only 199.99 MSRP, which will probably be down near 100 dollars by release date.
My ... they are sure releasing the Mister Ed program at a quick, convenient pace. Hopefully, they will be done with the series by next year and start on a new, abandoned one such as Green Acres.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Originally Posted by Jack P /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3662304
You were not averse to jumping in yourself with your "24" comment, so I think your sudden disdain for the fact that the conversation came up at all rings a tad hollow from my perspective at least.
I blame why I stupidly answered your non-topic question on Jim Beam and returning to my computer with this page still on the screen.
On Topic: Mr. Ed is an "easier" sell for Shout! since they get to start with Season 1 since MGM did the clumsy Best of collections. Green Acres however starts with Season 4 - thus an already limited the audience will hop on board.Be nice if it gets finished up. It does need to get completed along with the Beverly Hillbillies. You figure with the amount of run they get on TVLand, they'd be a hot property.
Shouldn't July/August be a wrap up time for the 3rd season of Patty Duke Show?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I sincerely hope the Jim Beam also explains your cheap shots about thread clogging and worthless bantering, along with your unnecessary insults of those of us who were having a reasonable conversation.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Guys--it's not worth it. Please take it somewhere else.

Howie--I think you're right. I misread it. But if they're going through all that trouble to get something on dvd, they should just do the whole series! And they should try to get John Astin to participate while they're at it...

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Originally Posted by Jack P
I sincerely hope the Jim Beam also explains your cheap shots about thread clogging and worthless bantering, along with your unnecessary insults of those of us who were having a reasonable conversation.
4. No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF.
And in order to make this part of the topic thread, does anyone know if Shout! Factory made their deals with for Mr. Ed and a few other MGM shows before the consortium's latest headaches?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by BobO'Link /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3662338
But isn't that "I'm Dickens - He's Fenster" release a "tribute" thing with only a few episodes and some interviews? That's what I took away from the press release. I truly hope I'm wrong.
I really didn't understand that release at all. Are they releasing the series or not? To me, a "tribute" DVD just sounds like they are putting out something that talks about the show and does related interviews without putting out the actual show itself. Personally, if I were to chose a Leonard Stern series to come out on DVD, it would be either He and She, Run Buddy Run, The Good Guys or The Governor and JJ. Unfortunately, I think all of those are owned by CBS/Paramount so I doubt we'll ever see any of them released.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3662399
Howie--I think you're right. I misread it. But if they're going through all that trouble to get something on dvd, they should just do the whole series! And they should try to get John Astin to participate while they're at it...
That's my feelings too, especially since this is a single season program. Put out the entire thing and have the "tribute" as a bonus DVD in the set. The fact that the press release indicates the episodes to be included received a full remaster/cleanup keeps me hopeful that I've misread and the whole series is coming.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by BobO'Link /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3662691
That's my feelings too, especially since this is a single season program. Put out the entire thing and have the "tribute" as a bonus DVD in the set. The fact that the press release indicates the episodes to be included received a full remaster/cleanup keeps me hopeful that I've misread and the whole series is coming.
Exactly; it's like--why make such a fuss over a show few people remember, unless you're going to present the entire thing? I have heard of it--I've seen interviews given by John Astin in which he said how good it was. I'd be excited about it if it was a complete series package.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Folks, I just want to let you know that I communicated your (in my mind, very VALID) concerns about the contents - especially episode-wise - to the party which sent me the previous I'm Dickens, He's Fenster press release, and even gave them the link to this particular thread (I know this has been discussed elsewhere, too, but this one seemed to encapsulate all the concerns I was seeing).
I received a response a short time ago, agreeing that any confusion needs to be cleared up ASAP, and that they naturally want the entire thing to be extremely fan-friendly. The intent is to get that information together in a new announcement as soon as possible. I don't know if this means "this coming week" or if it will take more time than that, but my impression is that the goal is to get it done in days (rather than weeks or longer).
I just wanted to let you know that this info is being worked on, and allay any fears that may be brewing. And hey, if you are participating in a similar discussion to this one about IDHF anywhere else on the web, then please pass this along for me, okay? Thanks, and stay tuned and keep an eye on TVShowsOnDVD for that update, okay?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Thanks Dave! I'm looking forward to clarification and keeping fingers crossed that it'll be a full series release!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
David: make sure they know I'm not complaining about the release; I'm just sayin'...that we'd love to see the whole series if at all possible!

...And in today's news, "Mad About You" comes off the long, long list of Sony's abandoned titles, courtesy of the fine people at Shout!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Maybe there's still hope for the second season of HERE COME THE BRIDES.

And throw in the last two seasons of FLIPPER too.

I need to get those series done so I can find other stalled and/or unreleased shows to bitch and moan about.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Most wanted on the interrupted Sony list for me is "Fantasy Island" and "Hart To Hart." I'd like to see those rescued from limbo even if it took an outside licensor like Shout! to do it (my attitude toward them has softened now that "Ironside" got it's third season out at long last, though I'm still waiting to see them finally make that promised second season of Bill Cosby Show available to order).

That just leaves Warner as the hopeless studio. Won't release anything won't license anything won't put them on demand!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Point-Blank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe there's still hope for the second season of HERE COME THE BRIDES.
And throw in the last two seasons of FLIPPER too.
I need to get those series done so I can find other stalled and/or unreleased shows to bitch and moan about.
Flipper! Ditto :)
As far as abandoned TV/DVD shows.....I think everyone's list here is very long, far too many on mine to list.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Jack P /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3663536
Most wanted on the interrupted Sony list for me is "Fantasy Island" and "Hart To Hart." I'd like to see those rescued from limbo even if it took an outside licensor like Shout! to do it (my attitude toward them has softened now that "Ironside" got it's third season out at long last, though I'm still waiting to see them finally make that promised second season of Bill Cosby Show available to order).
Give 'em time. The next wave of web exclusives isn't even out yet (My Two Dads, Sonic, COPS, Goldbergs).
I'd expect Bill Cosby announced around that time, and hopefully more exclusives if things are going well.
Anyway, I'd like to see Fantasy Island and TJ Hooker continued, but I'd love to see Shout get hold of the 1998 Fantasy Island first. That's a quick, easy show to get out there.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack P /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/150#post_3663536
That just leaves Warner as the hopeless studio. Won't release anything won't license anything won't put them on demand!
I really want Fantasy Island continued also. My ideal line up would be The Love Boat/Fantasy Island, but FI has been stalled for years and The Love Boat seems to be stalled now also. I just can't win.
Tell you what, I'm reeeeaallllyy interested to hearing what WB has on the agenda for upcoming releases in the WB chat. If it's 'no plans' on all the things I'm interested in(both stalled and unreleased) then I'm going to be more than a little upset.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
We Bump for Bump! (In the Night, that is). And for news of Soul Train and California Dreams (the latter of which we'll leave in the "rumors" section until we get official word).
Since it's kind of obscure, I'll explain that "Bump in the Night" was a 1994 claymation animated series that ran on ABC for 26 episodes. Thematically, it was similar to "Monsters Inc." (monsters living under the bed and all that). Though not high rated, it was rather well-received, and enjoys a small cult following to this day, perhaps owing to its weird songs and the fact that it looks like a sort of twisted version of "Gumby." As a matter of weird dvd programming trivia, apparently Shout mentioned "Bump" in an online consumer poll--years ago--as a possible candidate for release. Good to see they're finally making it happen because this weird, forgotten little gem deserves to be seen by a whole new generation of kids (and some of us big kids too).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks