What's new
World Wide Stereo

Can I do better for the money? (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I am not a newbie to home theater, just trying to rebuild one and right now I do not have much of a budget to work with, but I took what I do have and "went shopping" I have not ordered this yet as I want some opinions or any different ideas. I will be using the system with a 27" tv for the time being but when I get more money put together, hopfully in a few months, I will be able to step up to a front projector. I took on a second job to fund my goodies and with nobody else to tell me what to spend it on anymore, why the hell not a home theater..FIRST

Take a look at my list and let me know what you think, thanks!

ONKYO TX-SR602B $249.88
ONKYO DV-SP302 $119.99
JBL E 30 $149.99
JBL E 10 x 2 $199.98
JBL E C 25 $129.99
JBL E 250 P $249.99

$1,189.37 with shipping

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Chad, if you go back to the Basics area you'll find this posted atop the thread-listing page (in red):

For now, when people ask about complete (or near-complete) systems, they are to ask here in A/V Sources. Which is where your post is located now.

John S

Senior HTF Member
That is a reasonable system for a reasonable amount of money.

I'm not to sure what your asking?

Anything "better" in that price range than that, will be subjective at best. In my opinion anyways.

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator

Totally agree....great way to put it. If you like the wayit sounds thats all that matters. Looks like a solid system from where I sit. But it seems like you already know that it takes a piece at a time. Not necessary a piece-meal system, but a new reciever here, new sub there.......over time you'll upgrade and thats the fun part

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Chad,
The system looks good. From what I understand, some recommend the EC35 instead of the EC25 for the center- more money but worth it according to many here. And the E10's, good for wall mounts if that's the plan, but some say the E20s are a bit of an upgrade when listening to music vs movies. I've heard the E10s and they were great in my cousin's home with his 502 Onk but we were watching the tube and not listening to music specifically. Try jandr.com for JBL stuff. They have great prices on the jbls and offer free shipping on most of them as well.
José

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I would get the larger center channel if you can swing the cash (or just eat Ramen for a few weeks)

Other than that, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks