What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Can anyone provide their experiences using Gamefly.com? (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Given the recent increase in next-gen titles (and my tendency to finish a game and never touch it again), I am considering opening up a Gamefly account. However, I am unfamiliar with the availability of "hot titles". In other words, if I was to rent Dead or Alive 4 today (which just came out a few days ago), do I stand a good chance of getting it or would I be forced to wait a few weeks?

Any information on prior experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
I subbed for over a year and loved it. The only reason I've cancelled is I'm addicted to WoW and haven't touched my consoles in a while. At some point I will resub to GameFly. It really rocks. I had the 2 game subscription.

Getting the new releases depends on when you add them to your queue. I had great luck and had most stuff that I had on my list prior to release shipped out immediately.

I've got no cons to list, but I'll list some things I liked about the service.
- had a couple games lost in the mail, no problems with that whatsoever, filled out a form on the site and they shipped out my next game immediately
- never once regretted getting games that ended up being garbage because I sent them right back and got something else
- got to play through many games I would have never purchased for 50 bucks each
- they cover all consoles and handhelds, which is nice when you have more than oen
- no longer do "short" games bother me, I could care less how long it is or how replayable it is since I didn't pay 50 bucks

I dunno, maybe I got lucky, but I say if you own a console and don't care about having your own "collection" of games on your shelf, then it's a must have service. And I used to be a collector. I own over 30 Xbox games that I bought before Gamefly... but even buying them through GF is cool, you already have the disc and know it's in good shape, for a cheap used price they ship you the pristine manual and box.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
i'm on my second stint with gamefly and I really love it. I cancelled the first time because i really didnt have much extra income.

i have to say the service has vastly improved from when i had it before. I get games quicker and i think they are more readily availabe.

i would suggest it if you got a 360...because I found those games were too expensive after launch.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I know that this is an old thread, but I'd thought that I'd revive it. I'm a relatively new gamer, having never had the time to really devote to gaming until recently.

Having played xbox 360, and really enjoying the experience, I was a little put off because the games were so frickin expensive ($60 a piece, you gotta be kidding me). So, I've been thinking about joining gamefly, just to try it out...especially since their now offering a free 10-day trial period.

Can anyone else provide some feedback?? I'd like to get some other thoughts before I commit.

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the only thing I'll add is that there is no commitment beyond the pay per month... so if you end up not liking the service I would say the most you've lost is 1 month's cost. They are a "cancel or resub at anytime with no downside" type of service. You won't even "lose" the month's cost because you'll have played the games.

I'll admit the 10 day trial isn't really much of a trial when you factor in a couple of days for shipping. But it's worth a month's fee to check it out anyway.

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
I have been happy with it. I've been using it for around 3 months now. I live in WA state, and it takes me about a week from putting a game in my mail box, to getting a game in my mail box. I think its a little slow, but I figure I get to play a lot more games than I would otherwise.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Well, it'll be nice to get a feel for the portal they use and that sort of thing before I commit myself. I really like that they have a reasonable (about $10) one-at-a-time plan. How's their selection as compared to Blockbuster or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks