What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Can anyone help me identify this 1950's Sci-Fi movie? (1 Viewer)

PaulKTF

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I remember seeing a bit of a 1950's Sci-Fi movie on TV once years and years ago.

All I remember is that a human-looking alien lands on earth and becomes friends with a boy. There might have been a sub-plot about the alien needing special power crystals or something, but my memory is hazy so that might not be right..

I don't suppose anyone can help me figgure out what movie this was? Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
You're not thinking about The Day the Earth Stood Still are you?

Michael Rennie (Klaatu) made friends with a little boy. He didn't have power crystals but he did have some diamonds.

Probably not it but it's all I can think of.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Paul, The Day the Earth Stood Still is considered one of the greatest science-fiction films ever made. And, of course, it is available on DVD.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You already said Day the Earth was it, but I was thinking you might have meant the Twilight Zone episode called "The Gift." That also had a human-looking alien who befriended a small boy. The alien was seen as a threat, but he was misjudged. Won't say more in case you want to see it.

PaulKTF

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul

Whille that could be it; I'm pretty sure what I saw was feature length. That said; I really do need to get the Twilight Zone on DVD too.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks