What's new

Buying my 1st System (1 Viewer)

SteveCR

Auditioning
Real Name
S.Beech
Hello my new freinds, I am fortunate enough to have a few thousand to invest into a HT receiver and Speakers. I sort of have my speakers picked out and I already own a tv, but I do not know squat about receivers. I hear people talking about how this receiver works better with these speakers etc...I'm close to purchasing these Paridigm speakers::

L+R = Monitor 11 ($1050)
C = CC-370 ($350)
Sur = ADP-370 ($700)
Sub = Thinking about an SVS.

Receiver = No clue
TV = Mit 55" 55807 (allready own it)

Can someone help me find a receiver for about $ 1000.00 that will do me justice with the speakers I have chosen? If you also have advise for a sub that would work well with everything I have, I'm listening with both ears.

By the way the room is 15x20 with 10 ft ceilings.

noahG

Agent
On this forum you're likely to get a lot of recommendations for the Harmon Kardon or the Denon at that price, but I just want to chime in and recommend the Rotel receivers (I think the latest model is the 1055). It may not have all the latest do dads and whatnots, but it is a great receiver. I've got the 965 from a few years back and love it. I've also owned an NAD 760 which sounded great but wasn't very reliable. The Rotel has a 5 year warrantee and I believe has a port for firmware upgrades.

Just my two cents.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
The Paradigm speakers are a nice choice. They also are not hard to drive so most brands of receievers will drive them nicely. The SVS is also a great bang-for-the-buck.

I personally perfer Yamaha receivers and they have some good models in the $800-$1,000 range.

I'm going to move this thread out of Speakers and over to the Receivers fourm where many of the experts hang out.

SteveCR

Auditioning
Real Name
S.Beech
Thanks Bob, Chris and Noah. I'll keep checking in to see what anyone else might have to say. By the way I was leaning towards Yamaha for the receiver. I hope someone has advise concerning which SVS sub would serve my SYS best.

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
SteveCR

I would suggest the Harmon Kardon AVR7200 with your budget, it can be had for ~$899 (it sells at Circuit City for $1799.99, shows what shopping around will do for ya). This badboy is a monster of a unit though and won't fit on most standard AV tables (20.5 inches in depth).

Have a good look into this receiver and see how it stacks up against others your thinking of (I would say it's more like 150watts per channel ... (HK under rates their equipment))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks