What's new
World Wide Stereo

Buying 4805 @ Bestbuy (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey guys, Best buy has a boxing day sale on the SP4805 and i have decided that i would like to buy it for myself. Best buy has it for 1300$ Canadian as a boxing day sale. (400$ instant rebate off) Seems like a decent price to me. I've yet to find another distributor of the Infocus 4805 locally.
As for the screen. I am thinking about making it myself. This might not be reccomended by some folks on here but this is my idea. Basically make a frame with 2x4's. On top of the frame i will buy a sheet of sheetrock. Roughly size wise after cutting will be around 8'x4' and i'll secure the sheet rock to my frame. Sort of like a false wall. Also i figured i'd incorperate my center channel speaker and subwoofer into the frame design.
Sheet rock seems to have the perfect off white finish that will allow the light to not reflect off of it. Not sure if anyone else here has done this or reccomends it, but it makes sense to me.
Ideas/suggestions please.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

You can always buy the real screen material and build your own frame around it. A 102" screen can be built for under $450 ... with pro results.

Regards

MikeGee

Second Unit
cool, thanks for the link.

What about the projector for 1300$? I found the same one on ebay for 850canadian + shipping. So i am not sure what kinda deal this seems to be.

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought one brand new for 1099 out the door a couple weeks ago. It also had a $100 rebate bringing my final cost down to 999. This is in USD. If it is in new condition and you can buy it for less than that, then it is a good deal.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Just to let you guys know, you can get a refurb 4805 with a 76" screen for a very low price from the InFocus website.

I'd be all over this myself if I had the space for a true dedicated Home Theater.

InFocus 4805

rob-h

Second Unit
I bought the 4805 almost a year ago and am very happy with it. It cost me 999 usd. The Screenplay 5000 can now be had for only 999! It does true HD res. If I were buying today, I would not get the 4805 instead of the 5000.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I see the 5000 on their site, refurbished. Hmmmmm
That probably has my vote too.

rob-h

Second Unit
John, I saw the 5000 at costco the day before christmas for 999. Its normally 1048 which is still a bargin.

John S

Senior HTF Member
That is a really nice projector for that sort of money.

Competes well with $2K and higher LCD Projo's out there right now.

MikeGee

Second Unit
My problem was that i was contacted by infocus and they said that right now they could not ship to canada. So i'm looking for a local retailer. Even if i was to order online. As i've learned from Ordering my Quatro/Amp brokerage makes online ordering really not worth my wild.
Kinda scary tho, you go to the BestBuy canadian website and the SP5000 is 2000$ canadian. That works out to 700$ more US. Rip off.

John S

Senior HTF Member
The 4805 is a strong projector. The Canada thing does stink I agree....

Know anybody in the U.S.???? Hint hint...

I have installed a few 4805's, no problems what so ever. So I have to endorse the solution for those in Canada at the decent price points.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks