buttkicker bka 1000

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Stephen Matthew, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Stephen Matthew

Stephen Matthew Stunt Coordinator

I cant believe the price on these amps. Do they actually put out an honest 2100 watts? That would make me sick to think of how i paid a similar price for a 250watt plate amp and i could have nearly 10x that power to play around with....

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

You'd have to question their fidelity, they weren't made with audible transducers in mind.

Not to say they aren't good for audio, just that they were built to move a slug.

3. Brent_S

Brent_S Second Unit

According to Secret's review, they don't quite meet the spec of 1100 watts into 4 ohm loads, I dont' think he tested the 2 ohm output.

However, check around the various DIY forums and you'll find quite a few people using them for sub amps now that the price has hit the $250ish point. When they were closer to $400, it made more sense to pick up a pro-sound amp when you needed that kind of wattage. A 2 channel pro can probalby be found to give more watts/$, but the Buttkicker is level matched for home gear, offers lowpass and rumble filters if you need it, and fanless cooling.

-Brent

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Great sub amp, no problem with fidelity. I've got one on my IB and another running my pair of LFE units. I got them as part of the LFE kits, so they were a steal.

5. Stephen Matthew

Stephen Matthew Stunt Coordinator

good stuff.. if it is even close to spec, it is a great deal...
    and with the inherent thd in any sub system, a small amount will be unnoticed..

should work well for sub reviews and such... plus ive got an irk to slap a dozem 12s in ,my tiny living room for kicks [​IMG]

thanks much!