What's new

Burn Notice Season 3 (2 Viewers)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Still disappointed with how the show is handling Michael's lack of protection. There should be more than one local cop on his tail and the one that was is out of the picture, or so it seems at least.

The last episode with the mercenaries was a retread of those with local muscle. Both are played as pretty dumb. One would believe that the mercs would be of a higher quality. The episodes are tightly written and fun to watch. Who could not but laugh when Michael's mother successfully 'interrogated' the prisoner when Fi and Sam failed?

The show set up a great premise to launch this season, so far they have failed to properly utilize it.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Just thought I would mention that Jeffrey Donovan was picked up for DUI on the 12th. TMZ.com has a couple of stories about it if anyone is interested.

-Keith

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Read some funny "voiceover" commentary of what Michael would say in the event of having to submit to a breathalyzer test, and how to pose for a mug shot. But driving drunk is not funny at all.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Loved tonight's episode. It had pretty much everything I like about the series, but I can't believe there are only two episodes left.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
True, but the questions is did you find it good or mediocre? I'm guessing mediocre. The question is why.

Edited by DavidJ - 7/24/2009 at 05:09 pm GMT

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's sort of a well-worn routine at this point: Michael and company help out some sob case by taking down some truly nasty people while adopting inventive, A^TEAM-esque personas. Along the way, Michael finds information that seems to lead him closer to reversing the burn notice but inevitably proves to be a false lead.

It's like one of the 20-foot party subs; which foot is the best? Well, the first one, but the quality is roughly the same throughout. I'm not sure why the formula sticks out to me so much more on "Burn Notice" than the formulas used by "Monk" and "Psych" do. It just seems like the situations blur together much more easily.

That all being said, I'm in no danger of turning out any time soon. Episodic television is ideal summer comfort food.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It has settled into a routine and I see what you are saying, but while I'm aware of the formula, it doesn't stick out to me. It is a show that has hit its stride---a feat that is too rare to consider it as negative in any way.. We both seem to like the show and are just have a slightly different perspective on it. While I loved the episode for combining all the elements that drew me to the show in the first pace and doing it well, it seems you found it too formulaic.

Episodic television is ideal summer comfort food.
Couldn't agree more.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I liked the end which showed us that the hanger guy is no pushover dummy by uncovering Michael's little eavesdropping device, and yet Michael was still able to get sufficient info out of the exchange to make his next move.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I love serial TV, the sweeping arcs, etc.

But I admit, there is something I find really enjoyable about 1-off shows, episodic television that I could go back later and watch in any order and still feel the enjoyment of a single episode outside of an arc.

Last night's burn notice to me was the best of the season. Cute, funny, great action, good dialog, and one of those endings that I love.
I can't ask for more then that. I was entertained completely for 60 minutes, how often does that happen in a TV show? Not often... great stuff.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Quentin

Speaking of excellent summer comfort food...what happened to the lovely Ms. Bloodgood?
Well, she's only used to being on shows that air 3 or 4 episodes, so she didn't plan her schedule right. ;)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I hope the Burn Notice fans here at the HTF remembered tonight is the summer finale. It's on now, but USA will replay it at 11 CST.

"Your accent's a bit dodgy."

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Holy cow. I don't remember, and maybe I'm wrong, but that's the first time I remember seeing Michael actually whack someone.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I loved how he said "She is not my past" and then just did it. The guy deserved it for sure. Then he made it look like someone else did it. Good show. The rest of the season can't get here soon enough.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
This was a great season finale! I was taken totally by surprise when Michael shot Stickler. I had glanced at the time right before that scene and figured they had just enough time to get Fi beyond Michael's reach and put him under Stickler's thumb as the cliff-hanger for this group of episodes, setting up the plot for the next batch with Stickler in the Karla role. Instead Mike whipped that gun out from behind his back and just blew Stickler away and I came off the couch and yelled "YES!" like the Giants had just scored a touchdown.

I also loved Maddie matter-of-factly keeping pressure on Sean's wound while waiting for Michael to regain conciousness. She's really become a part of the team, and her house really is headquarters for the group as much as (or more than) Michael's place. Nice to get some of the emotional underbrush cleared away with all the characters.

And nice to have Michael thrust into a different kind of mystery at the end. Before he's always had an idea of who he was up against and what they were after.

Regards,

Joe

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Great finale!

I do miss Karla though...I hope they have a great big bad planned for next season.

SCGoddard

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
Ok something is fishy going on here and anyone that owns the episodes either on DVD or DVR may know there are more season 3 episodes. Season 1 had 12 episodes and Season 2 had 17 so why did they cut season 3 short at 9? Im not complaining though I love this show and I cant miss it... There are other season 3 episodes out there on IMDB and this page here http://www.tv.com/Burn+Notice/show/69107/episode.html?season=3&tag=list_header;paginator;3 any one have any ideas what happened to the rest of season 3? Anyone that knows whats up or when season 4 starts let me know....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks