What's new

Burn Notice Season 3 (1 Viewer)

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Did anybody see SNL last week when Ashton Kutcher hosted? There was a sketch called "What's Burn Notice?" I thought it was quite funny because no one had a correct answer.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I think it was a smart move by the writers tonight to have Michael fall for someone's spy manipulation. The way it was going, he was starting to seem omniscient, and it works better when there's the appearance that things could screw up at any moment.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I admit, I thought that would be the right move as well. But would be largely out of Michael's character. He's done it before. In this case, I was much more expecting Fi to just take Larry out.

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Randy Tennison

Did anybody see SNL last week when Ashton Kutcher hosted? There was a sketch called "What's Burn Notice?" I thought it was quite funny because no one had a correct answer.
Yes, I did, it was almost the only funny bit to the whole show, especially when the host didn't know what to do for a correct answer.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattCR

Yeah, I admit, I thought that would be the right move as well. But would be largely out of Michael's character. He's done it before. In this case, I was much more expecting Fi to just take Larry out.
Then how about this?

Mike shows Larry the fake bomb.

Larry decides to run for it anyway, hops in the car and peels away. Out on the street, far from any innocent people, the car suddenly explodes.

Cut to Fi a few blocks away with a pair of binoculars and a remote control.

In the tag Fi explains how she swapped out a fake bomb for a real one because Larry was just had to be killed and Mike knows it, he just couldn't do it himself.

Regards,

Joe

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
My favorite part of this weeks episode was when you first see Larry sitting on the rail upstairs in Michael's apartment. Tim Matheson is sitting there exactly the same way he does at the end of Fletch, when Fletch comes in to expose the plan. Took me two viewings to notice it, but it made me laugh out loud.

Larry is too good of a character to kill off. They need to bring him back again.

Do you think Fi will get jealous of Gilroy checking out Michael's butt all the time?

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Randy Tennison

Michael Weston doing his best Clint Eastwood impression. Love it.

Plus, the finger snapping thing was awesome.
I agree...... The reaction of the Gang Members was priceless.

This week was a good episode. What is up with Gilroy checking out Michael? Did I miss something?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So my DVR didn't pick anything up last week, but it seems like maybe this aired then anyway?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm a few days late watching last weeks episode with the Olympics and all, but thought it was a solid episode. Only two more episodes-- sounds like they'll be interesting.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Okay, so I was able to watch the episode, and it was a pretty good one. But mainly, I loved Sam doing the CSI riffs.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
So, Gilroy is gone, huh? With not even a kiss goodbye from Michael. Wow, so someone really doesn't like Michael. Hired Gilroy just to get to Michael.
It will be interesting to see the cliff hanger they throw at us next week.

Love this show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I hate that the thread peek shows your spoiler, so just putting a post after it (makes spoiler boxes worthless)

But yeah, great episode I thought

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Interesting wrap up to the season. I'm very curious to see where they go from here.

Good to see Management again. I'm guessing that
Mikey ended up at Mgmt's house at the end?

Guess that we may get to see Simon again down the road too. Hard to say for sure.

I definitely liked the intercutting back and forth in the final scenes though. Very well done there.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm glad that the mother learning all of this stuff about him in previous episodes rather than being left in the dark finally had a payoff, and it was definitely worth it in my opinion.
At the time, it felt really out of place, and you'd think it'd make more sense for her to be left in the dark, but the interrogation scenes were great.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
So, we don't have to wait too long for the next episode... Season 4 starts mid-June according to the USA webpage. Woot.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I enjoy the show but over all found this season pedestrian from a character stand point. The promise of big changes at the end of the second season never came to fruition as it quickly fell back into repeating story lines from the previous seasons.

If the promise of a new beginning from the last scene is not carried out this show will probably drop off my viewing list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks