What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Series Challenge (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Actually I blind buy TV Series without knowing anything (or Very Little) about the series all the time. I also know several others that do the same. Just because you would never do it and have the opinion that it is a silly thing to do don't mean no one does it. And don't mean that those ppl that do it don't deserve some common Courtesy. In my opinion... if you want to talk about something that may spoil the show for someone else whether you know someone on the thread hasn't seen it or not you should use the spoiler boxes. After all... that is what they are there for. That is my opinion at least.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Hey, if you used spoiler boxes, ignore my comments. They weren't directed at you, but were general comments about spoilers, especially for a show with so many surprises like Buffy.

On the older topic...yes, Buffy became an unlikeable, shallow, egocentric bitch at some point in S3, and got insufferable in S6 and beyond :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Speaking of spoilers, and sorry to be blunt, but all this spoiler bullshit is spoiling this thread, which is supposed to be light hearted and fun.

Is it even concievable to drop it and move on, or is that too insane a notion to entertain? The after hours area is a good place to start a seperate thread about proper spoiler protocol.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have decided to compromise. I am going to spoilerize my entire posts. This makes it easiest on me, and keeps the information hidden for those who dont want to read the info.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Yes there is a difference. First, I have never, ever seen any of the VH1 specials you are referring to. I also generally don't make it a habit to watch Entertainment Tonight or any other such shows. The only things I watch/read on a regular basis that is a source of spoiler content is Entertainment Weekly and I have had things spoiled in there like the two significant events at the end of 24 Season 1. I also know better than to go onto Usenet for such topics because people there are horribly inconsiderate and I had several things spoiled for me back when I was a Usenet regular circa the end of the 90s.

Second, you continually refer to things that have actually permeated the popular conciousness, such as "Who Shot JR", "Empire Strikes Back", "Titanic" and (one I don't think you've mentioned but certainly applies) "The Sixth Sense." Although I wish it were otherwise, Buffy, Angel, Babylon 5, and many other shows that are favorites around here never garnered the type of attention to actually become part of pop culture even close to that extent so you can't make the same assumptions. Yeah, I had quite a few things about Buffy spoiled before I started watching that I wish I didn't know, but I knew almost nothing that happened during "Angel" and, man, am I glad because there was some amazing stuff that I would hate to have ruined. As another example, my wife and I just wrapped up watching the first four seasons of "The Shield" on DVD and neither one of us knew a damn thing about what happened prior to starting the series and it really paid off.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I like Giles.

He's cool...in his own way.

Also, anyone notice how Principal Snyder looks a lot like DS9's Quark?

I also find cows to be very funny.

htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I am sorry for letting this cat out of the bag, I didn't mean for it to turn into this, or to hijack an otherwise perfectly fun thread that I was excited about, it was just a thought that occurred to me... :frowning:

I agree that we should really drop this discussion and move onto the game, and just try it out, rather than dwell any further on this

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
okay, I cease discussion too. I guess my problem is that I overestimate Buffy's importance in pop culture. Considering almost all of the circles I know are Buff-heads, I have come to take for granted assuming Buffy/Angel is as commonplace a pop culture icon as Star Wars or I Love Lucy or something is, even though in actuality it's not.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Same actor -- Armin Shimerman. And he had to abandon both roles in 1999, when DS9 was cancelled and Principal Snyder was eaten (literally). :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
June 5th, because the new repackaged sets start coming out on May 30th, and by then anyone who wants to join in will have seen this thread.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
sounds like a plan, with all the BS that went on here, I really wasn't in the mood to watch the DVD right now

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Would it make sense to start a new thread for each season? I think this thread will get very long, very fast and might discourage people from joining. (or am I the only one who doesnt like trying to read 10+ page threads?)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's not a bad idea, that way this thread could function as an introduction to the actual challenge. I'll run it by Wendy when I talk to her this morning to see what she thinks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Man, you guys will agrue about anything, won't you. You all crack me up.

Yes, I do think that using a seperate thread for each season is a good idea. We will do that.

Ok, here is what I want to do now. I want do a survey of who is going to participate in this "challenge". List your name, if you have seen the entire series or not...if not, which seasons you have not seen...if you plan on participating in all seasons or just select seasons, and if you are also interested in rewatching "Angel" after we get thru season 3 of "Buffy". This way we will get a feel for who has seen the entire series from those of you who are actively participating in this challenge and if spoilers are necessary or not.

I personally agree with whoever said, "It's been over 3 years, if you don't know by now it's not my fault you were living under a rock." But that's just me.

I will start the list, just copy and paste this in your post and add your name and information:

1. Wendy L. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
1. Wendy L. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

2. Eric Meske. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

2. Eric Meske. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

3. Scott-S - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I do not own Angel but have watched all of it all via Netflix once.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

3. Scott-S - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I do not own Angel but have watched all of it all via Netflix once.

4. Pete Battista - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks