What's new

Directors Brook's Universal Collection Tournament (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Vertigo
Psycho

Except that there is no "killer" in Jaws.
The film does however feature a shark existing in it's own natural habitat and that same shark eats to survive just like every other living creature.

I really can't stand that stupid movie!! :angry:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Rear Window advances 7-4 including my vote

Jaws advances 6-5, my vote was for Psycho :frowning:

Ah, but the "killer" could refer to Quint and his lifelong quest to wipe out sharkdom. Jaws did kill some people and is a predator, ergo by definition a "killer".

People are bitten by sharks every year, they just don't usually die from it. I don't know that the concept of Jaws is any sillier than that of an escaped lunatic who hunts down fornicating teens or a knife-wielding dwarf roaming the steets of Venice.

Anywho, for the Champeenship

Rear Window
vs.
Jaws

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Rear Window

The difference between those killers and a shark is that the shark is simply existing. It is not breaking any rules of society or civilization, it is not malicious in it's actions nor does it derive any pleasure from the kill.
It's a simple survival instinct to eat.

The concept of a bunch of hicks hunting down a "killer" shark as an act of 'revenge' because it ate some trespassers (man doesn't have gills, does he?) and is therefore a bad, bad naughty fishy, full of evil and malicious intentions...is just amazingly stupid!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

So, when was the last time that you actually watched Jaws Bill?

Because the description you give above doesn't jive with the shark in Jaws. Do sharks normally eat and destroy boats in attempt to get at the people inside, for example?

I would certainly agree that sharks were not accurately portrayed in Jaws, and if that ruined the movie for you, I could understand. But to say the shark in Jaws wasn't malicious etc. just doesn't seem accurate to me.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

No Rob they don't, and as you pointed out sharks are not accurately portrayed in this 'film'...which is just another reason why this film is such a joke.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
And like I said, if that is the problem you have with the film, I can understand....

not necessarily agree, but understand.

That being said, I certainly think Rear Window is the vastly superior movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks