What's new

Directors Brook's Universal Collection Tournament (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
And wouldn't Jaws be an even more entertaining film if only the shark had psychic powers and breathe fireballs too!! ;)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Rear Window is the Winner by a 10-2 trouncing of Jaws, including my vote.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Columbia: Taxi Driver
Criterion: M
Paramount: Once Upon A Time In The West
Universal: Rear Window

Not sure if I want to continue this concept or not, I don't have lists compiled for Disney, MGM, or Warner so there will be a break anyway. I'm not sure I even have 16 Fox titles so they are probably out. I think I would have too many abstains if I went with Wellspring/Fox Lorber, or some kind of catch all "other DVD producers" type field.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see what Disney films you have Brook. Somehow, Disney isn't what pops into my head when I picture you watching a dvd. :)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Please continue, Brook!

Feel free to 'borrow' any titles from my collection if you come up short in any field. :D

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, these have all been quite interesting so far. The end results are pretty close to what I would expect so far, but the fun is getting there. For example, Jaws vs. Rear Window in the final matchup here is not something I would have expected.

Lets see your Warner collection!

:)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
This Universal one was the one where I really wasn't sure what would end up in the final. I figured a Hitchcock movie would make it, but I didn't know which one, and I thought Jaws might, but that Bride of Frankenstein could be there too.

Well George, I'd include Miramax with Disney so there would be foreign films unlike the Universal group. Also Disney has occasionally put out things like The Straight Story by David Lynch and Spike Lee's last film, 25th Hour. I do have a bit of Disney animation, but don't expect to see The Ghost and Mr. Chicken or The Gnome Mobile :D

Since there's some interest in continuing I'll work on my lists, I should be able to hit 32 on Disney and MGM, I probably have 64 or more from Warner

Arman

Screenwriter
Yeah, please continue Brook (thank you again :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:!). [Disappointing finals match-up but nonetheless a great film wins it all. I've been dreaming ;) a Vertigo-Psycho finale in tournament like this.]

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have as many MGM or Warner DVD's as I thought, but I had a few more Fox than I was thinking. I have 30 Disney/Miramax, 32 MGM, 48 Warner, and 18 Fox.

I'll start one tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks