What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The pickpocket thing is still not clear to me. Why would Huell and Saul do that because Jesse would find out it's missing. How it would help them? (The first pickpocket thing and not this episode)

And even if Jesse finds out who stole it what it has got to do with that poisoning? How could it lead Jesse to Brock's poisoning? It was not done with Rincin (or whatever it's called, I'm not Iceman!)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
The pickpocket thing is still not clear to me. Why would Huell and Saul do that because Jesse would find out it's missing. How it would help them? (The first pickpocket thing and not this episode)
Back in the fourth season with the ricin cigarette? You didn't see the exchange onscreen but Walt must have told Saul to get the pack of cigarettes away from Jesse and replace them with another pack (though we did see Huell pat Jesse down and make the switch when he comes in to see Saul). It wasn't something Saul did on his own or for his own benefit and he didn't know about Walt's larger plan, Saul was just doing what Walt told him.

SamT said:
And even if Jesse finds out who stole it what it has got to do with that poisoning? How could it lead Jesse to Brock's poisoning? It was not done with Rincin (or whatever it's called, I'm not Iceman!)
It's not that the ricin cigarette was used, it was that Jesse realized that he had been pickpocketed for his marijuana which led to him understanding that the same pickpocket scheme had been used on him back when Brock was poisoned.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
SamT said:

Did you read that blog post I posted on the previous page? It explains all of it. They had to get the ricin cigarette from Jesse in season 4 so Walt could convince Jesse Gus or Tyrus stole it from him and used it on Brock.

That specifically didn't have anything to do with Brock's poisoning, but at that point Jesse doesn't know that. He just comes to the realization that Saul/Huell pulled the ricin from him and assumes that is what poisoned Brock. Then with Saul confessing to it that's all he needed to hear (even though he may still not realize it wasn't the ricin that poisoned Brock).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Did you read that blog post I posted on the previous page? It explains all of it. They had to get the ricin cigarette from Jesse in season 4 so Walt could convince Jesse Gus or Tyrus stole it from him and used it on Brock.
I'm going to read it soon. My memory is not good on this. By that logic why would all powerful Gus need to steal it? He had all the resources he had, he doesn't need someone else's poison. He gets his own.

shazzerman

Agent
Real Name
Noel
By that logic why would all powerful Gus need to steal it? He had all the resources he had, he doesn't need someone else's poison. He gets his own.

I guess the logic that Jesse won' t realise this. Walt has underestimated Jesse from day one. Jesse has shown evidence of extreme cleverness: remember his comment to Mike when Mike had the stoner who robbed Jesse's money tied up in Jesse's house? Something like, "You won't kill him. Why would you put a blindfold on him if you were going to kill him?" And then there's the magnet for Gus's laptop, and the train robbery plan. Jesse is very clever. Couple this with the fact that Jesse knows Walt's thought process better than anybody - even Skylar - and you have a nice recipe for a season finale in which Jesse gets revenge on Walt by an amazing appliance of science... You read it here first. I'm just guessing though.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
SamT said:
I'm going to read it soon. My memory is not good on this. By that logic why would all powerful Gus need to steal it? He had all the resources he had, he doesn't need someone else's poison. He gets his own.
I guess Walt's thinking was that it would be easier to pin it on Gus if he could point to something concrete like, "Maybe Gus stole that ricin cigarette and used it on Brock since, you know, it's missing." Rather than, "Maybe Gus poisoned Brock with something."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Is it me, or does Walt seem more scared of Jesse Pinkman (bitch), than he's seemed of anything else ever since he killed Gus? Is an aware, wrathful Jesse Heisenberg's worst fear? Is it because Jesse wants absolutely nothing now, and therefore can't be controlled or negotiated with? Or is Jesse Walt's guilt personified?

Also, R.J. Mitte is gonna be on the couch next Sunday night for Talking Bad (along with Betsy Brandt) -- I'm thinking we're getting a big Flynn-episode next week, here. I'm starting to think that Junior is not going to find Jesse en conflagrante delicto next week, but WILL stumble upon the confession-video, and be the one to turn in his "evil" uncle after the Schraders and Whites have reached a queasy detente.

(The more I think about it, the more that confession tape seems like the emptiest of all of Heisenberg's threats. Heisenberg would NEVER give anyone else the credit for his empire.)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If Walt kills Jesse, will he suddenly say "bitch" a lot and crave Cheetos?

The internet theory that he takes on the qualities of those he kills--I think it might have been addressed in this thread.

shazzerman

Agent
Real Name
Noel
Didn't one episode have a scene where The Big Heat is on television? Glenn Ford's wife got killed in that. Car bomb. Hmm...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Here's something I just thought of: The original plan, according to a Gilligan interview a few years back (AV Club, I think) was to have "something horrible" happen to Hank and Gomie fairly early on -- he doesn't flat out say they'd be killed, but it certainly sounds like it. I suspect this eventually mutated into Hank's encounter with the Salamancas.

I know Hank, like Jesse, stuck around longer than he was intended to because of the shortened first season and the awesomeness of the actor playing him, but it does highlight how Hank was kind of a tool in the early going -- he certainly doesn't play like a guy who's going to become the moral center of the show. He's sorta racist, and the Vic Mackey-parallel almost implies that he's corrupt, even though that turned out to totally not be the case.

Anyway, I can't help suspecting that the original plan would have had MARIE in the role Hank now occupies, looking to avenge the death of her husband. That definitely would have put an interesting spin on everything. Remember all the speculation from a year or two back that she'd be the one to finally twig to Walt's other life?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Which makes me want to put out a one or two other predictions, right or wrong, as to the final fates of some of the other characters:

The last we see of Kuby and Huell, they have the lottery ticket, with one number missing, and are wandering the desert, digging hole after hole...

But I want it to all end with Walt telling Jesse this key piece of advice: "Remember, it's not a lie if YOU believe it." (Actually, Walt pretty much is George Costanza, except people die. Wait, he's EXACTLY George Costanza.)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
joshEH said:
Putting that new show on after Breaking Bad is a mistake. You don't have time to digest Breaking Bad, and then watch that show. You go straight to the Internet and see what people are saying about Breaking Bad.

That huge left-turn that the show took with Walt's "confession" was one of the craziest plot-twists I've ever seen, but I wonder if we're gonna look back and view it as over-the-top cartoonish years from now, as we let this show marinate. As of right now, I doubt it, and I still have to let this episode digest, but at least in the moment, that was one mind-blowing hour of TV.I'm wondering if the reason that Skyler looked so catatonic in the later car-wash scenes was that she had been standing behind the video camera and watched Walt's "confession," and just realized the absolute depth of her husband's lack of morality, and total ability for deceit. Of course, she knew, and had some experience with it, but this was one of Walt's lowest non-killing, non-poisoning moments ever in the series.
I think part of it, was the fact that the video not only destroyed Hank's life, but Marie's as well. I can't imagine it sitting well with Skyler at all, that she would allow such a thing to her own sister, making her look bad with the whole gambling money story to pay Hank's medical bills.And I would agree with you about "Low Winter Sun", which is too much of a sore thumb, being between "Breaking Bad" and "Talking Bad". I would watch the other show on another day, and just wait for "Talking Bad" instead.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Could you imagine a world where they redid a show, line-for-line, shot-for-shot, but only changed out the ethnicity of the actors, or the national setting? I'm already going to watch Univision's BB remake just to see what they do differently.

Basically, I want to see a Black BB starring Sam Jackson.

Although, they need to be supremely careful about which countries they pick to substitute for America...some will work better than others:

BB_Canada_zps76059574.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Could you imagine a world where they redid a show, line-for-line, shot-for-shot, but only changed out the ethnicity of the actors, or the national setting?
I'd like to see David Lynch direct the same scripts. Not that he'd add a white horse to every scene or something but it'd just be funny to see his focus on minute details and slow pacing expand the episodes from 45 minutes to 3 and a half hours.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Took a day trip to New York yesterday, and got to see the Breaking Bad props on display at the Museum of Moving Image. Displays included the blue meth, the Walt Whitman book, the pink teddy bear, and even Walt's underwear. It is a very small collection, so I'm not sure if this is worth the time and money to visit the museum. But still, I am glad to have seen it. :)

I took a few photos of the props, before being told by a museum guard that photography of the Breaking Bad stuff was not allowed. Also, I was not able to rotate one of them vertically here.

DSC03721.JPG
DSC03724.JPG
DSC03727.JPG
DSC03728.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03722.JPG
    DSC03722.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 40

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Walter,

Thank you for risking being wrestled to the ground and
thrown to the street by smuggling out those photos.

Great stuff!

Had no idea that this was even being displayed in New York.

I might just stop there next time I take the train in. I have
never been to that museum and now I have an excuse to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks