What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
TravisR said:
^ I was literally just talking to a friend and I hypothesized that Walt was actually out to get multiple people (if you're planning to kill someone, you don't plan on a machine gun and then have poison as Plan B) but he said how the ricin could be for a suicide after he kills his enemies.
That's my theory. Go out guns a-blazin to save his family (or hell, maybe even Jesse), and then down some ricin.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
That's my theory. Go out guns a-blazin to save his family (or hell, maybe even Jesse), and then down some ricin.
Yeah, that's similar to another idea that me and my buddy had today. On the surface, it seems like flashforward Walt is out for revenge but he might be on a rescue mission. Maybe Lydia- unhappy with Todd's cooking ability- will grab Jesse and force him to cook and Walt feels obligated to save him.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
TravisR said:
This was the first time that someone tossed money from a car on this show but after Jesse shot Gale and was having the nonstop part at his house, he was tossing money at a passed out fat guy. Then to wake everyone up and get the party going again, he yelled out "Free money" and threw a stack of money up into the air.
Thanks. I wish I had your memory for shows! I wonder if I saw something similar on another show

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
TravisR said:
Yeah, that's similar to another idea that me and my buddy had today. On the surface, it seems like flashforward Walt is out for revenge but he might be on a rescue mission. Maybe Lydia- unhappy with Todd's cooking ability- will grab Jesse and force him to cook and Walt feels obligated to save him.
Yeah that is one theory I had. Another is that Lydia and/or the Czechs have Junior and/or Holly and/or Skyler held hostage as leverage to get Walt to come out of hiding to cook for them.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
As ridiculous as it might at first seem, I have a feeling that Marie is going to find out about Walter and destroy Hank's evidence tonight, in hopes of saving the family.Potential evidence via Twitter:
"Tomorrow night on BrBa Marie does something that's going to make my twitter light up like a NASA control board. Watch and see." @Betsybrandt.
Also, in the "Buried" promo last week, we hear what appears to be Marie saying, "I'm so sorry."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I am fucking mineral-hard right now.

Years from now, I'd like to see the national heart-attack statistics during the 9PM-10PM hour for these eight weeks. There has to be an increase. Blood is on your hands, Gilligan...tread lightly.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, I was impressed last week when the premiere showed the confrontation instead of cutting to black, and a little disappointed when the opposite happened this week.

Also, I was really hoping Marie would say something about the hospital bills when she was having that 'conversation' with Skyler. Obviously Hank doesn't realize what we all know already, that he's knee-deep in this himself.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Yeah, poor Hank. Walt is diabolical enough to use that to blackmail Hank too.

I'm glad to see Michael Bowen back again and annihilating more people.

For those watching too closely, the two cops interrogating Jesse were the same guys who questioned him when Brock was poisoned.

joshEH said:
OH MY GOD THAT DUDE'S MUSTACHE
That guy needs a spinoff. I assume he does undercover work.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
TravisR said:
For those watching too closely, the two cops interrogating Jesse were the same guys who questioned him when Brock was poisoned.
I did notice that myself, but was trying to remember... were they just Albuquerque PD, or were they some other agency?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
My immediate, post-episode thoughts:

[*]The ending killed me. All I wanted was one more minute. Just one more. Followed by 59 others. Damn Hank, and his ability to close doors with suspense.
[*]That said, Breaking Bad promos now = Mad Men promos.
[*]
THIS episode should've been titled "Better Call Saul."

[*]
...So there goes any Declan-theories. Vince is laughing at us for ever doubting Meth Damon.

[*]Todd's Crew vs. Heisenberg...EXACTLY the type of thing you'd need an M60 for.
[*]I love how after Walt looked over the money, he goes, "Close enough," and that look Huell and the other guy give each other. Like, yeah, obviously we're gonna take at least 20 stacks.
[*]Huell rolled around on mountains of cash, and Jesse didn't have a single line. Did they switch bodies for an episode??
[*]Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a grunt out of Jesse next week, when Hank re-beats the shit out of him.
[/list]
As my wife and I were watching the episode, and Marie slapped Skyler, my wife screams, "Holy shit! She just got bitch-slapped by Klepto Grimace!"

Kind of a "moving-the-pieces-into-place" episode, but goddamn, what superbly-acted pieces. Nearly every one-on-one conversation in this episode was Emmy-worthy.

I loved that shot of Marie slapping Skyler, then going to get Holly, and the camera suddenly went handheld to follow Skyler down the hallway. Michelle MacLaren is a fantastic director.

At the moment, I'm thinking this was absolutely the best episode of the season (at the moment). The tension was unbelievably high throughout the entire hour.

Also, Example #37489 of Breaking Bad's insane attention to detail: Saul's ribbon on his lapel in this episode represents Native American reparations.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turquoise_ribbon

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was funny that on "Talking Bad" they said that Skyler is now referred to as "Skysenberg". LOL.

The bitch-slap was pretty good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks