What's new
World Wide Stereo

Box tips (Advice for enclosure) Rockford (1 Viewer)

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
Hi folks
I was hoping you guys could give me an idea of how big a box i should build and what size port for my 2 new subs (Rockford Fosgate P212S8). I listen to deep house and the odd hip-hop listen so i need tight, accurate bass that will knock me out. I want a ported cos i need quite a high spl too. I've been playing around with WinISD but can't figure it out. Please can you guys give me a box size, port length etc for a good enclosure for these subs.
Thanks a mil
Chris

P.S. Here are the specs of the sub
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...h%20Subwoofers

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
I take it no one likes Rockford Fosgate :-(
Just kiddin
Please guys,
Any input would be appreciated

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator

First of all, if you are going to use WinISD you need more specs than what was in your link. Here is a link with full specs: P212S8

OK, as for a recommendation (I'm assuming this is for a home subwoofer)...

These aren't the most well behaved woofers. The high inductance (common with auto drivers) might cause some boominess in the upper bass. Parametric EQ would be useful.

I would build a box ~5 cu.ft., use at least two 3" ports, tuned to 20Hz. That would be ~17" per port if you use two 3" ports. For an amp, use something in the 300-500W range and that has some built in parametric EQ. Like one of these:

Parts Express 500W Amp
Adire Audio ADA300 or ADA600

or you could use a pro sound amp and add a stand alone Parametric EQ like the Behringer Feedback Destroyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks