What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bose M2150 commercial amp need some installing help (1 Viewer)

z32type

Agent
Real Name
Juan Pimentel
I don't know much about seperate amps. But bought two M2150 for 1500 dollars from a clothing store that was closing down at the mall here in Phoenix,AZ. I'm actually going to resell it for 2500 to a friend of mine who open up a new business,but I have no experience what so ever wiith these kind of amps or even how to power them up or to install them. Looks like the speaker inputs need some kind of connection tips,but not entirely sure. He has six bose commercial bose speakers as well and want to run them with the two amps. Both are 2-channel amps. How will I achieve this? Any info will help thanks!

728x90

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Have you tired contacting Bose, and asking them if they have any information or manuals for your commercial amps.

z32type

Agent
Real Name
Juan Pimentel
No I havent,but they do have a online manual PDF that people can download,but doesn't help much since it doesnt explain much of what type of wiring I will use and connectors thats needed since its not like a regular home amp or a/v reciever speaker inputs. And most of it gets really confusing like the EQ cards I need for it, Phone type connectors for sources and other confusing stuff I will need. I guess hes just going to hire a pro to do it and its going to cost alot of money.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I know this amplifier.

The back has input connectors that work with phone plugs ( tip, ring, sleeve or TRS available anywhere such as Radio Shack) and with male XLR plugs(microphone connectors, available at Rat shack too) in just one weirdo jack. There are also places to hook in a "header" with little pins.

I can't remember exactly what the speaker outs are, but they do use some sort of pin. The outputs are transformer outs, which means you choose the impedance by putting the pin plug into the proper hole. You can run "70 volt" system from these pups, so you can literally have dozens of speakers on each channel.

There is a place to plug in a module that alters the tone (EQ) to match different kinds of Bose speakers, all of which require special proprietary EQ in order to sound right.

I can try to guide you to a correct hookup, I think.

The simplest is to get some TRS connector to RCA connector adaptors at the Shack, and use that for your inputs (assuming you've got RCA red/white cables from a CD or whatever) You can try sticking the bare ends of speaker wire into the speaker holes to see if it's working. I'll poke around and see if I can figure out how those things are supposed to work. Thsi is an amp only, and does no switching, so you'll have only one input unless you rig some kinda switch yourself. All speaker wire is basically the same stuff, but in a commercial installation you will need to follow fire codes - most home improvement stores have speaker wire safe for in-wall installs, and that should meet code.

Oh, here you go: http://pro.bose.com/pdf/pro/manuals/m2150_cpa/ig_m2150.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks