What's new

Bose Acoustic Wave Radio (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
Okay,....here's the deal. My wife wants a nice kitchen radio to listen too and also play cd's while she's in the kitchen. We both heard the Bose Acoustic Wave radio w/ CD player and think it sounds very nice..however the $600 price is a bit too much..and there are no discounting anywhere.

I got a HiFi.com catalog in the mail and I see the Cambridge Model 88CD for $349 with a CD player (same price as the Bose without the CD). Read hat they had printed about it and also some of the accolades from Stereo Review, Audio Magazine and others...saying it's the the "best they've heard"..."Blows the competition away".

Has anyone compared these two radio/CD players for sound? The Bose we've been able to hear..but haven't seen the Cambridge anywhere.

I would sure like to hear from anyone who has the Cambridge or has compared the Bose and Cambridge 88.

Thanks to anyone who responds

Tony G

Stunt Coordinator
Dennis,

I have the 88 without CD set up in my office. I even run an old CD deck into the Aux input.

It sounds great for a table radio. It's not going to give a good sized stereo a run for its money, but for what you're looking to use it for, it will be fine.

Tony

A

Anthony_Gomez

The only thing I have to say is that the Bose is WAY over priced. For half of that amount, you can get way more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks