What's new

Bones, season 4 (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It was a little more than just the pulling out of some beers.

Bones: Will he recover? Your friend Ken?

Booth: From losing his sister? Um...well you don't recover from something like that. You just survive.

Bones: People die. There is a fault in the design if we can't recover from it.

Booth: Fault in the design? What are we coffee pots?

Bones: I just mean that we should be designed so that we can handle the worst.

Booth: We are designed that way. We aren't sent anything that we can't handle.

Bones: I'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it.

Booth: I got a son, and it's worth it.

Bones: Even if he died?

Booth: Whoa. Bones don’t even say anything like that. Don't put that out there. It is worth it and everything around it is worth it. Every moment, everything ... is worth it.... So eat the ice cream before it melts.

Bones: I wish it was beer.

Booth: Right. (Goes and gets two beers) You're right.

Bones: Now this is what I'm talking about.

Booth: Good, agree to understand that this is worth it.

That’s a fairly significant dialog which will lead to more development in their relationship.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Hey, I have a question before tonight's episode- could someone with military experience comment on whether what happened to Jared (sp) - dishonorable discharge - was accurate or not? It just seems to me that if he had an exemplary record and his lone offense was due to trying to save his brother (a federal agent, no less) that his punishment would be a lot less severe.

But then again, perhaps I've been influenced too much by pop culture and that would exactly be how the miliary would judge such a case......

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I also saw it yesterday (airs earlier in Canada) and while I have no love whatsoever for "Family Guy", that character's appearance was actually very important to an arc I didn't realize was a serious issue for Booth and his past interactions with Luc Robataille and his K.I.A. Army buddy Parker - the guy Booth named his son after
...I thought it was just pure harmless fantasy, but that wasn't the case at all.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Nicholas-

I agree.

I was really pleasantly surprised with how they worked that together. It made those past events mean a lot. And it was one of those that I wasn't even thinking about at all until Bones brought those incidents up and you just had that dawning of "oh my god, she's right"

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Thanks; while I figured his record wasn't exemplary I missed where they stated that, and given that he stated to Bones that while Seely was a guy to go out on a limb for someone, he wasn't like that, I wasn't sure- thought it was possible he was a by-the-book kind of officer.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
He was trying to be a by-the-book since he was recovering from a drinking problem. They've brought thatu p a few times.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Great episode last night.

I really hope they don't go with Bones getting pregnant/having a child. It is so completely out of character and It would ruin the show for me. She would not make a good mother in my opinion. It would be selfish for her to have a child only to leave it with a nanny every single day.

It looks like next week is:
Probably in Booth's head/dream/delusion. That would make the whole idea of Booth and Bones having sex not ruin the shows chemistry.

This is just a guess on my part.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
imho it's kind of a cheat. it's very obvious that bones and booth love each other and have been dancing around this issue for FOUR DAMN SEASONS! it's about time to give it up. it might ruin the series... but hey it's like the X-Files. even they did it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I agree, it's getting tired, the whole we're-partners-so-we'll-deny-our-love thing. I'm watching another series right now called Castle and it looks to be doing the same thing so far.

Last night I was just saying that as long as Bones is willing to have Booth's baby why not go all the way and begin a relationship with him?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It was tired in S1 or S2. But whatever, that's the hook of the show, so that's not changing any time soon. Not that I care. But yeah, when I they started the baby thing, I figured the writers were getting desperate for new aspects to explore in this relationship. Talk about heavy-handed. Still I immensely enjoyed the episode.

--
H

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When this show first started, I watched a couple and hated it. For some reason, I decided to try it out again this season, I don't think I even started at the beginning of this season.

I'm finding now that I like this show a lot. I find Bones total social cluelessness kinda endearing and Booth does too.

Having missed much of this show, I'm not burned out on the will they or won't they issue. I think it was a mistake for for Fox and Scully to get to gether because I always saw them as partners and friends. On Bones, I think they will get together, but it's too soon. It would change the nature of the show.

I know this is a forensic show, but I wish the blood and gore wasn't so in your face. Yeah, I know that's the way it is these days. I find myself squinting my eyes during much of the show.

I know the show doesn't make a big deal of it, but isn't she supposed to be a novelist who has written best-selling stories about a fictional forensic anthropologist named Kathy Reichs? (yeah, I know that's little joke). How would a person who is so socially deficient be able create characters that people would pay money to read about? I don't see that as something her character could pull off.

Actually this reminds me of one reason I initially disliked the show. I had just read a Reichs novel and this series was touted as being based on the Temperance character. It's really not and I couldn't get past that. The novels are a world apart from this show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

A lot of very successful classical mystery writers were not very good at characterization, mood or description, and some of them were even fairly bad when it came to plot elements not related directly to the central mystery. This is doubtless also true of certain contemporary crime writers. In all genre fiction there is a certain subset of fans who only come for one element (the technology and "sense of wonder" of SF, the chills and thrills of horror, the puzzle of a mystery story) and really don't care about other literary qualities. And these people are enough to keep writers who are weak in other areas in print.

So I don't find it wholly implausible that Temperance could write police procedurals with a forensic focus that manage to entertain lots of readers even though her characters are stilted and wooden (or exaggerated and implausible.) There are plenty of big names on the best seller list who suffer from similar problems. (There is one perennially best-selling mystery writer who has had a number of novels turned into major studio releases who I find totally unreadable. I've started at least four or five of his books when pressed to by friends and have never made it past the second chapter of any of them. Now I don't even bother trying when someone - inevitably- recommends his latest. Different strokes and all that.)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Thank you.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I wish everyone were as willing to recognize the obvious and just bow to my superior wisdom when I make a point. You have no idea how annoying it is when people persist in disagreeing with me after I've clearly written the last word on a given topic. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall many disagreements, at least not here or in the CSI thread. You are correct about the whole bowing down thing, though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks