What's new

Bones, season 4 (1 Viewer)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Don't forget, season 4 starts tonight with a 2-hour premier!

Bones and Booth go to the U.K. to give seminars and are asked to help with an ongoing case.

Also, Bierbaum shows up.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The first 4 episodes of the season (2 being tonight's premiere) will be on the season 3 DVD release when it hits shelves in November.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The season premiere was ok, but it wasn't a home run for me.

It really seemed like 2 separate episodes that happened to involve the same people.

Having been a "yank" in England for nearly 3 years of my life, I did get a kick out of the jokes. I also really like the way Booth was acting while interviewing the "Duke" inside the family estate. Got to love the completely contrasting lifestyles.

I also like the way that Booth took the headbutt and didn't even flinch. It was pretty funny. Although, technically, they should have had the yob arrested for assaulting him.

The only real problem I had with the episode was the way in which they showed that Booth could not drive "on the wrong side". I can see it was supposed to be funny, but it was just way too slapstick.

All in all, I give the opener a B-.

I wonder if they are going to handle replacing Zach like the way they did it on House? A different character every few episodes?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I dug that. Won't that scene get cut when the show actually airs in the UK, though? I thought headbutts got cut all the time there.

And it was two separate episodes, just without credits in between. The "Part I written by/Part II written by" is a dead giveaway.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's a reset button as much as the inevitable TV-relationship sub-arc where the pair breaks up because the other person not being perfect is just a complete shock. Inevitably, one will be threatened this year and they will realize that they really, really do still want to be together.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I second Patrick's "Ugh". There's no real need for it - there's so much to explore contrasting Angela/Hodgins being married and Bones/Booth not. Not to mention them starting a family.

Also, double ugh on Sweets. While he, at times, last season provided some humor, it really seemed like they had to shoehorn him into the episode. There was no reason for him to be there when Grayson first showed up. I would prefer him to be a reoccurring character, but not a main - Booth is better when he's the one figuring out the human element, like Brennan is with the science.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the assistant position. Zach's presence will be missed for awhile, in my opinion.

Overall I thought the double episode was good and hope that they somehow work the English inspector into an episode later on - perhaps attempting to climb Everest again!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The head-butt was great. I also liked seeing Michael Brandon as the American tycoon. Some of us remember him from Dempsey and Makepeace, an 80s British series about an American cop transplanted to the U.K. involved in a will-they-or-won't-they partnership with a gorgeous London detective. (Brandon's wife Glynis Barber.) It was a pity they couldn't find a role for her in the show. I haven't seen her in years, but back in the day she was a major babe.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Over-all I thought the episode was a bit uneven, and also found the Angela-Hodgens thing to be annoying and unnecessary. Ditto making Sweets a regular. As for Zach's replacement - can anyone say "Murphy Brown's secretary"? :D

Regards,

Joe

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
With the umpteen billionth "OMG!!! There's chinks in our armor of trust. . . Bye!" storyline.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I don't usually chime in too much on these season threads, but I just wanted to say that it's incredibly bothersome to keep seeing the name "Zach" when the proper name is "Zack", and yes I'm aware that it's a silly nitpick, but I'm very picky with the spelling of people's names, real or fictitious.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i read that they shot this last year, so hopefully the next episode will be the new batch =D.

PS has season3 DVD come out? did that set include the unaired schooling shooting episodie?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott

Season 3 comes out in November I think.

The "school shooting" epside (which was really about the murder of a basketball player) was aired after the strike this year.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
So far it looks like Joseph was right - revolving assistants. While that might provide a few, cheap, laughs, I don't think it adds to the show.

Also, they continue to shoehorn in Sweets. It made sense for him to be around later in the episode, but why have him, in a Hasmat suit, during the discovery phase?

The Brennan-juggling two men subplot, however, was great!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Not only will the season 3 DVD set have the altered-for-continuity version of "Player Under Pressure", it will include the original version of the episode as well.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I did like that Sweets connected with this episode's assistant. So, maybe she will reappear at some point. Sweets appearing in a Hazmat suit was entirely unnecessary and distracting. I thought he had a real job in addition to counseling Booth and Brennan.

Neil

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the very same thing when I saw him in that scene. Is anyone else having problems with thinking of him as anything but the geeky teen in Freaks and Geeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks