What's new

Blue Tint on Toshiba 50H81 (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I've had my Toshiba 50H81 for almost 6 months now and never noticed this until last night. I put in the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers (black and white) and noticed immediately that the left side of the screen has a blue tint to it. Objects such as a white picket fence have a bright blue 'halo' around it. This occurs at the far left corner of the screen. I've never noticed anything wrong w/color movies, but this has me concerned.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a problem with your convergence. Have you done user or service level convergence?

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Yes, I have. As I said before, it's not noticable when playing regular (color) movies, or when watching broadcast TV - only black and white. BUT, now that I think about it, my wife watches a LOT of b/w movies on satellite on, say, AMC, or TCM; I've never noticed the blue tint on those movies. It goes about one-third of the way over. Could this be a DVD-only problem? I know that sounds weird, but I'm grasping for something. :frowning:

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
If it's at a differetn scan rate (i.e., video inputs vs progressive colorstream inputs.)

Convergence problems tend to be more noticable on finer detail (and higher resolution images.)

You're not saying the whole side of the screen has a blue tint to it, correct? But rather that some objects appear to have a blue outline around them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks